“The Lake house ”

Raithwaite Hall Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Whitby
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely week in the lake house at Raithwait hall! the house located behind the hotel with some beautiful views of the grounds. The house itself is amazing with 6 double bedrooms, a great kitchen and lovely ensuit bathrooms. Included in our stay was use of the hotel facilities which also are excellent and very accommodating for children.

Overall an excellent break we will most definitely be back

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and we were very impressed with the all-round quality of what Raithwaite Hall offered. Every member of staff who we encountered was pleasant and helpful. The hotel was busy, as it was half term, but all the public areas were spotlessly clean and tidy. Staff appeared busy but not flustered.
Dinner on both nights was exceptional and made more enjoyable due to our waiter's knowledgeability of the menu. Breakfast was also wonderful; so much to choose from and no rush at all.
We had an executive room which was nicely appointed and had all the usual home from home comforts. It also had a huge bathroom with separate shower, heated floor and decently lit mirror.
We enjoyed our stay and found the location perfect for walking in the surrounding area.
We had a relaxing weekend and would visit Raithwaite Hall again.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Had a two night stay during February and thoroughly enjoyed it. Check in was efficient and courteous and our bags were carried to our room where we were given quick instructions for tv, phone heating etc. Room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. We ate in the bar area on our first night and the food was delicious. The second day after a lovely breakfast and a walk around the gardens, which are lovely and I'm sure very colourful in summer, I spent the afternoon in the spa. All areas were clean and well kept. The pool is not overly big but big enough for a gentle swim. I tried the sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi - no complaints at all. There was no problem when I asked to be fitted in for a massage and I must say that it was the best I have ever had! Checkout was quick and a member of staff even offered to bring our car from the car park to the door. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Lovely surroundings, pleasant staff and great food, caters for gluten free (without prior warning) and excellent place for a special meal.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I visited Raithwaite Hall with my friend for a Spa day and afternoon tea. I am definitely not the sort of person to complain, but after our visit I felt the need to. We went for a day package for 80 pounds each. For this we had afternoon tea and a treatment for 50 mins and use of Spa ffacilities. Firstly nobody greeted us or told us what to do, we approached the bar and were told to take a seat without anyone asking our names. The atmosphere was very quiet no music and felt awkward. Everyone looked miserable. After 15 minutes nobody had come to see to us. A family had been waiting much longer than us to our surprise and they were given menus. They looked outraged. A waitress came over just presumed we wanted afternoon tea, didnt show us a menu and left. We didnt know what it includes so we stole a menu from a different table. We didnt like some of the sandwiches so we asked if we could have ham and some others. They said they no longer had any ham and we settled for beef. Our tea pot came and had enough for two cups of tea, we asked for it to be refilled. Our food didnt arrive for another 20 minutes or so, the family behind us complained their drinks were cold. When our afternoon tea arrived there was 2 sandwiches each and by that I mean two triangles each. Not even regular size triangles they were so small. But more worryingly the beef in the sandwich was so rare it looked like it had not been cooked. Blood was on the bread. I know some people like rare beef but not in a sandwich and by rare this was an understatement it was raw. We did not eat it. We were not happy. We were so hungry. We used the spa facilities which were average our treatment was lovely and done in the same room. The staff in the spa were friendly. However I would not pay 80 pounds for this again. For this price it should have included an evening meal in my opinion.

3  Thank MissSmith0404