“Perfect location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Maritimus Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Leonie29
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 28 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

This is a beautiful little cottage which looks directly over the sea and a very small beach. It was a privilege to watch the tide come in and out and watch the sun set over the houses. The beast from the east was hitting the weekend that we stayed so we were able to keep nipping back to this very convenient cottage. My daughter was very comfortable in her single bedroom as were we in the double downstairs. The size is perfect for 3 but when my mum and Dad joined us it was a little tight but no real problems. The property is very close to the Duke of York (our favourite pub) and really easy to get to the 199 steps. The property has everything that you need to self cater. We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary here, and loved every minute. Thank you for a wonderful stay. Also thank you for providing us with all the necessary details required to make check in and check out very easy.

16 Mar 2018
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time at the cottage, its central location and the he views across the harbour. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Whitby.
leedavids...
Durham, United Kingdom
“Maritimus Cottage”
Reviewed 28 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Fantastic cottage with loads of character. Couldn’t be situated in a better location with a fantastic view. friendly owner and beautiful Whitby can’t ask for more.
We’ve had the pleasure to staying in Maritimus several times and can’t wait to stay again very soon!.

4 Mar 2018
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the cottage and I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Graham R
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Great week in Whitby”
Reviewed 28 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

My wife and I have been regular visitors to Whitby for many years and always take a full week in February. Maritimus is one of the best cottages we have stayed in. We look forward to returning soon.

11 Mar 2018
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the cottage and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Whitby.
paulamR33...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Worth a second visit”
Reviewed 15 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We stayed here last year and pleased we booked again - it's not the cheapest but
you can't beat the location and the view.
It's good to know that even if the weather can't be guaranteed you're going to enjoy just looking out watching the boats and people go by!

Date of stay: October 2017
15 Nov 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm gald you enjoyed the location and the views from the cottage across the harbour - even on winter days. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Whitby.
Tina C
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Fantastic harbour side cottage”
Reviewed 12 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Another amazing break at this quirky cottage literally on the edge of the harbour. This was our second stay and our daughter’s fourth. The cottage was spotless, warm and the beds are so comfortable. It’s great to wake up and watch the boats in the harbour, we even saw a seal heading out to sea one morning! We couldn’t get the TV to work but it wasn’t too much of a problem for us as we don’t go away to watch TV. We will definitely be coming again!

Date of stay: November 2017
Your age range 50-64
15 Nov 2017
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the views across the harbour from the cottage - I've never seen a seal just plenty of seagulls ! I'll check out the TV situation to make sure everything is OK and hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Whitby.
mumjb
ipswich
“Great little cottage”
Reviewed 12 November 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Lovely location just off the street and overlooking the harbour for this well equipped cottage in Whitby.
We had a really good break and as the weather was a bit bleak - it was great to return to our cosy little place to drink wine and cook dinner with family.
Would certainly recommend it
Thanks

Date of stay: September 2017
15 Nov 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm glad the cottage was nice and cosy for your family visit. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Whitby.
Elspeth10...
Yorkshire
“Lovely harbour-side cottage”
Reviewed 12 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Brilliant location, right on the harbour in the old part of Whitby. It's surrounded by shops, cafes, pubs and the beach - what else do you need for a seaside holiday! Although Whitby was very busy as it was half term and Goth weekend, the cottage was really quiet. Highly recommended!

Not the best choice if you have issues with stairs - due to the age and shape of the building the stairs are steep and curve awkwardly.

Date of stay: October 2017
15 Nov 2017
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the peaceful location of the cottage and it's proximity to all the shops, cafes and restaurants in the old town. I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Whitby.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.