“Omg!!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
“Omg!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

On our recent visit to Whitby after leaving the beach with two hungry and thirsty children decided to go in to harbour fish bar as looked quite clean and was empty bar one table and now I know why
Kids went to sit at a table at front of restaurant where the rudest waitress in Yorkshire barked can't sit there it's reserved for buggies and wheelchairs the whole place was empty !!!!
We moved to a much smaller and cramped table where after 10 mins our order was taken the food is reasonable it was cooked fresh and tasted fine very small portions a nice young chap did try to rescue the situation by bringing kids fresh drinks for free and my cup of tea I was still waiting for !!!
The service here is awful and it's a shame because with a bit of direction it could be good avoid at all costs

• Visited July 2014

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Short stay in Whitby”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excellent fish n chips at a very reasonable price. Restaurat is very contemporary and spotless. Highly ecommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
cumbria
“Wow”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Do not go into this fish bar if you are expecting fish and chips as a "put you on till supper"......it is pricey and can be a bit of a wait to get served but really lovely.

Visited November 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Child size portions”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I ordered chips,peas and Tracy and a cup of tea. When it came I was shocked as I have seen larger kids meals. Chips were gritty and the gravy and peas came in tiny separate dishes. It cost £11. Total rip off. Don't go there!!!

Visited June 2014
Mexborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dirty”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I needed lunch and after seeing this restaurant (??) had spare seating we went in.
A waitress directed us to a table (there were loads available) but I would have preferred to have chosen my own.
She was friendly to the point of being TOO friendly and a little rude.
We asked for 2 cod without batter and you would have thought I asked for the moon. lol.

We ordered cod and chips for us both and a pot of tea.
The cup my husband was served with had a big dirty black crack running along the length of the cup. Hubby had to ask for a new cup.

We sat and waited patiently for the meal.

When it arrived I was dismayed. The cod was tiny (at £8 I expected better!) and the chips looked pasty and like last weeks, and there were black rotten bits on them (one of the chips had a root with hair like growths on too! YUK)
Hubby took his knife and fork and was really fed up to notice dried on food on BOTH his knife and fork!
We asked the waitress to change them.
We ate our meal which wasn't enjoyable, tasteless infact, and then asked for the bill. It was £19.20!!!!
S
I went to pay the bill and told her I was appalled with the cutlery and cracked cup and she offered immediately to reduce the bill by the price of a cod.

I took this compensation and fled and we won't be returning anytime soon.

The moral of this review is:

DO NOT ENTER THIS EATING PLACE

Even if all other places have queues go to those, I would gladly wait for a couple of hours than go to this 'restaurant'again.

• Visited May 2014