All reviews four poster bed the main hotel olde worlde lovely old building lots of character car parking kippers full english first class town centre smoked salmon stayed for one night large room plenty of choice weekend break breakfast was excellent toast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at Bagdale hotel for our two days in Whitby and we're delighted with our choice,
Carol, who met us in reception was welcoming, friendly and efficient in registering our car
for the car park and us for our room (number 17). It was a four poster superior en suite room, spotlessly clean and bright including the en suite which had a large shower (no bath).
Breakfast menu was excellent for choice including full English, Porridge and lots more, it came quickly, was piping hot, very well cooked and was ample in portion. There is a small
bar which was warm and cosy, this closes early if not busy.They do not serve evening
meals but this is not a problem as there are many bars and restaurants to choose
from in Whitby harbour which is only a three minute walk from the hotel.
We would recommend the Magpie Cafe and Trenchers for seafood including fish and chips.
There are many more places to eat ranging from bar food to fine dining.
There are lots of thing to see and do in Whitby but if you want a drive out Robin Hoods Bay
and Scarborough are not to far away.
We have been to Whitby quite often as we love it but it was our first time at Bagdale Hotel,
we will return there in the spring.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKM220
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We were travelling to Whitby going down the hill and into the town when my partner said I want to stop there, so I pulled up and she went into the hotel to look at the rooms, she came out thumbs up, so I parked up, we were shown to the room four poster bed nice, it was a great stay loved the breakfast, staff friendly, handy for town ok it rained but added to the fun, all in all a pleasent stay.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian6leighton
Reviewed 2 November 2018

This was a return visit. We booked via the internet, big mistake.
We found ourselves in the Lodge. A building up a steep hill at the side of the Hall.
We tried to swap for a room in the annex or the hall. Not possible as a wedding party were booked in.
The lodge is not a patch on the rest of the hotel. Big bedroom & bathroom but the bed was the hardest I have ever tried to sleep on. The toilet cistern dripped loudly. Not a good combination to assist sleep. I did point out the above but nothing changed in the 3 nights we were booked in.
The hotel no longer provides evening meals.
The staff were very helpful with advice on local eateries.
The breakfast was excellent, The bar also.
If you are thinking of booking into Bagdale Hall, telephone your booking, specify The Hall or The Annex for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 2 November 2018

As a first time visitor I didn't know what to expect from Bagdale Hall Hotel. The location of the hotel (close to Whitby seafront and the train station) is incredibly convenient. Although I arrived early I was able to store my baggage securely and enjoy the hotel bar facilities until my room was ready (which actually was also early!).

Upon entering I found a beautifully laid out four-poster room, perfectly clean with complimentary tea/coffee and toiletries. The bed was so soft and the bedding so warm that even the October weather couldn't prevent my getting a wonderful night's sleep.

Breakfast at the Bagdale is also excellent, a great choice, high quality ingredients and swift service meant that even on the morning of the wedding none of us felt rushed and it helped us enjoy our time.

The staff at the hotel during our entire stay were incredibly friendly and helpful, I definitely intend to return

Room Tip: Ring the hotel directly for their best deals and getting into the Hall rather than the Annexe or lodge
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rosie B
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night only but will definitely go back. The staff were friendly and efficient. The bedroom very comfortable and immaculately clean. The lovely lady on reception called TINA helped us sort out a problem on the internet which was over and above her job description and saved our break from disaster. Really do go out of their way

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple