“An " Olde World" pub”
Review of The Black Horse

The Black Horse
Ranked #8 of 16 Nightlife in Whitby
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Dropped in for an afternoon refreshment and didn't want to leave. The bar staff lovely and welcoming, a great choice of wines and ale's on offer ( an award winning pub). Got chatting to a couple of elderly gentleman ( locals) who gave us quite a bit of whitby history ( thanks guy's). Looking forward to our next visit!.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great pint here along with some tapas style bar snacks. Nice & clean with good friendly service. Prices were very realistic. Would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The proprietor of my B&B recommended The Black Horse to me and im glad he did, My first impression on entering was the place was packed, my next impression was the place was tiny ! After ordering my pint I did a headcount which totalled 14 customers and 3 dogs. The clientele appeared mainly locals, always a good sign of a pub and there was a nice buzz of conversation. My pint was from a local brewery and went down very well. As it was my first visit to Whitby I left to try a few more of the towns hostelries but I returned to The Black Horse to finish off my night.
The pub while very small has a nice old style décor, the bar staff were friendly, there was some tapas style bar food available as well as a large selection of nuts stored loose in big glass jars and the toilets were clean. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We visited during the Goth weekend and the pub was busy. It has a range of hand pulled ales and a variety of ciders. Yorkshire tapas available eg a local cheese plate and homemade chutney. Friendly staff and welcoming locals. Dogs are welcome. A super find!