“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corra Lynn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Corra Lynn
Ranked #12 of 152 Whitby B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in room 3, a very specious room with a large en-suite shower and bath room. The breakfast food was excellent including home made bread for the toast. Despite only taking over two weeks ago the new owners are well organised and friendly and willing to help with any enquiries if possible.

1 Thank R0d_Ann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in room 4 on the top floor, which was lovely. The breakfast was excellent and served by the friendly couple who run it.
The free parking outside was very beneficial and we loved Whitby, the beach was gorgeous and there's so much to do.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We only stayed 2 nights and wish it could have been longer. The rooms are immaculate and the breakfasts are among the best we've ever tasted. The new owners bake their own bread and breakfast muffins and I'm told we'll have cake as we'll next time.

Easy walking distance to the beach and town - perfect!

1 Thank Anne W
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have been going to the Cora Lynn guest house for a number of years now and have always been greeted with a warm welcome from Chris and Bruce. I booked my stay back in march as always, paid my deposit and looked forward to my stay as normal. I turned up to book into my room only to be told that Chris and Bruce had retired and my room had been let to someone else. When I asked why I was told that a number of people had not been turning up therefore she assumed I was not turning up and let my room out. when I told her that I had paid my deposit and was entitled to stay she asked for my deposit slip. Not having this she then refused to refund my deposit. I was left stranded in Whitby with nowhere to stay.
If this is how regular customers are treated by the new owners then they wont be in the business for very long. I have always recomended the Cora Lynn to friends and family but not ant more.
Michael T.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank michael t
Michelle N, Owner at Corra Lynn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Michael,

We appreciate that this was not a great experience, we have recently taken over the Corra Lynn and although we have details of forward bookings and reservations, some of these have very limited information. In your case we had your forename only and a note which said £10, which we assumed related to the deposit, but there was no corresponding deposit confirmation that been supplied for other bookings.

For similar situations we have made all efforts to contact to confirm reservations, for yourself we waited to 5pm before re letting your room with you arriving at 7.00pm.

We do not want to loose good customers and are keen to make the Corra Lynn a great place to stay. If you give us a call, we will happily refund your deposit, alternatively, can we offer you a free nights stay with us.

Regards
Michelle and Simon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had a great two days in Whitby staying in Corra Lyn. Lovely and clean and very spacious rooms. Bathrooms are immaculate and the breakfast was spot on. We even got lemon drizzle cake to take on our travels around Whitby which was a lovely added bonus. Great value for money and well worth a visit. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Saucey1971
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent 2 nights B&B at the Corra Lyn Hotel & cannot find a bad word to say about it! We were made to feel very welcome by the new owners Simon & Michelle who couldn't do enough to help us! The hotel is conveniently situated, only a 5 minute walk either way to West Cliff or into town. It has a small car park on the front which is ideal with the problems of long stay parking in Whitby! Our room was no.4 which was furnished to a very good standard, even having its own mini-fridge! The bed was so comfy & we had a great nights sleep.....so peaceful! Breakfast was served between 8-9am. I had full English which was delicious & plentiful & set me up for the day! All in all we really enjoyed our stay at the Corra Lyn Hotel, it is good value for money & we would definitely go back again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

we are regular visitors to Whitby and stayed her for a night. Chris and Bruce are lovely hosts, friendly and welcoming. They Have both lived in the area for an age so are a wealth of knowledge. Good and plentiful breakfast, large clean rooms and car parking space as well. The hotel is well located, 5 mins from the beach, town centre and 2 minutes from Pannetts Park.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family