“Great weekend away”

Ranked #11 of 151 Whitby B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great weekend away”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had a lovely two night stay at Corra Lyn at the end of June and enjoyed all aspects of our stay. We were made to feel very welcome the hosts Michelle and Simon, enjoyed a beautiful top floor room with its own mini fridge and free standing bath and also enjoyed a lovely cooked breakfast on both mornings of our stay. The five minute walk down to the beach and to the other attractions was brilliant, we enjoyed a few trips down to see the Abbey and have a walk on the beach! Would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abbey D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Settle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have just spent 3 very enjoyable nights at Corra Lyn after a 10 year absence from Whitby. We were made very welcome by our newly installed hosts, the room was lovely, the breakfast excellent and the service provided was second to none. We'll be back and it won't be 10 years before our next visit.

2 Thank Elise W
boston
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed for three nights wished it could have been longer. Made to feel very welcome by Michelle and Simon, the new owners. Could not fault the room and service. Breakfast was superb, nothing was too much trouble. Only minutes away from the sea front and the off street parking was a huge bonus. We will most defiantly be back.

2 Thank gezza887
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in room 3, a very specious room with a large en-suite shower and bath room. The breakfast food was excellent including home made bread for the toast. Despite only taking over two weeks ago the new owners are well organised and friendly and willing to help with any enquiries if possible.

1 Thank R0d_Ann
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in room 4 on the top floor, which was lovely. The breakfast was excellent and served by the friendly couple who run it.
The free parking outside was very beneficial and we loved Whitby, the beach was gorgeous and there's so much to do.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We only stayed 2 nights and wish it could have been longer. The rooms are immaculate and the breakfasts are among the best we've ever tasted. The new owners bake their own bread and breakfast muffins and I'm told we'll have cake as we'll next time.

Easy walking distance to the beach and town - perfect!

1 Thank Anne W
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have been going to the Cora Lynn guest house for a number of years now and have always been greeted with a warm welcome from Chris and Bruce. I booked my stay back in march as always, paid my deposit and looked forward to my stay as normal. I turned up to book into my room only to be told that Chris and Bruce had retired and my room had been let to someone else. When I asked why I was told that a number of people had not been turning up therefore she assumed I was not turning up and let my room out. when I told her that I had paid my deposit and was entitled to stay she asked for my deposit slip. Not having this she then refused to refund my deposit. I was left stranded in Whitby with nowhere to stay.
If this is how regular customers are treated by the new owners then they wont be in the business for very long. I have always recomended the Cora Lynn to friends and family but not ant more.
Michael T.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank michael t
Michelle N, Owner at Corra Lynn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Michael,

We appreciate that this was not a great experience, we have recently taken over the Corra Lynn and although we have details of forward bookings and reservations, some of these have very limited information. In your case we had your forename only and a note which said £10, which we assumed related to the deposit, but there was no corresponding deposit confirmation that been supplied for other bookings.

For similar situations we have made all efforts to contact to confirm reservations, for yourself we waited to 5pm before re letting your room with you arriving at 7.00pm.

We do not want to loose good customers and are keen to make the Corra Lynn a great place to stay. If you give us a call, we will happily refund your deposit, alternatively, can we offer you a free nights stay with us.

Regards