US$169
US$112
US$158
US$171
US$139
All reviewshonesty barsea viewguest housewatch the worldwhale bonesfull englishbreakfast choicesharbour entrancewest cliffbiscuitsbreakfast roomsea frontfamily roommini fridgelovely hotelgreat positiontoast
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My partner and me stayed here for a weekend in July 2014, it was a last minute decision to go so being the first week of the kids summer holidays we had to take what was left in the town at 3pm on the Friday (i can be impulsive at times), we landed at 8 pm, the girl on reception was brilliant, checked us in, sorted us with a parking voucher, explained the set up all in 15 mins.
We had room 16, a corner room on the 2nd floor, brilliant views over the sea, the bed was comfy, bathroom looks brand new, mini fridge and flatscreen tv, we can`t find fault with the room.
Breakfast is the best, homemade fresh orange & apple juices, all the usual suspects, which are locally sourced and you can`t half tell, tasted great, there are loads of choices you don`t normally see at a b&b as well, you will struggle to get a better breakfast in the town.
The landlady was always around to help if needed, the staff are great, we have stayed in a good few b&b`s on the west cliff, we shall be returning later this year, that`s a promise, we are both very impressed, many thanks

Martin & Sharon

Room Tip: the sea view rooms are worth it, we had 16, will ask for it again next time ;-)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clayxblade
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed one night here in July. Phone booking was well handled, received a confirmation email. Excellent reception on arrival, easy and cheap parking across the road using the "scratch card" provided for the princely sum of £1 by the hotel. Availability of parking is very important to me.

Booked a room with sea view (Room 6), Lovely little area in the room with a bay window looking out towards the sea, with two comfortable chairs and coffee/tea making facilities, DAB radio and excellent wi-fi reception.Hotel is a short walk to the "Whale Bones" and a 5 minute walk to the centre of Whitby.

Superb breakfast

Room Tip: I highly recommend booking a room with sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimSherlock
Reviewed 27 July 2014

booked really late notice and got the two single rooms that the hotel (4 & 15) has for 1 night. Hotel is in great position on the cliff top facing sea near the whale bones. We both had sea views and both rooms were a decent size and very clean. Teles, coffee, biscuits are provided in the room and a super shower which was needed after our walk to Staithes (about 11.5 miles). I used the 'Honesty' bar on the evening waiting for my son to get ready and it was comfy with decent priced drinks and you put your payment in tin. Kay and the Latvian lass who looks Swedish were very friendly and helpful. The scratchcard to park your car is easy and only costs a pound. The breakfast on the morning was lovely, cereal, drinks and a full english was all eaten and prepared us for another walk to Robin Hoods Bay (about 7.5 mile). Would defo stay there again, thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Riley044
Reviewed 14 July 2014

7 -13 July. I am a senior citizen. Since childhood I have been on holiday at least once a year. My family graduated from a caravan to guest houses, that had dragons ruling them. After my marriage my husband liked the comfort of 4 or 5* hotels. We stayed all over the British Isles, the continent, the mediteranian coast and islands and both east and west in America.
I needed a break after being ill and saw Sandbeck on Trip Advisor. It not only far out weighed ALL my expectations, I was relaxed and found the whole atmosphere so much better than in the large hotels, where I felt anonymous. Nothing was too much trouble for Kay and David and their staff.
I am currently trying to book again.

Room Tip: It is well worth asking for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 66maddie
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed in the Sandbeck with my mum, sister and brother in law for three nights last week. My sister's double room had a huge bay window with a beautiful sea view. My mum and I had a single room each and both of these had sea views as well. All rooms were spotlessly clean.
The breakfasts were lovely with plenty of choice on offer and the staff were very friendly.
There is a very well stocked honesty bar too.
Whitby is a beautiful place to stay with lots to see and do. We will be back and will definitely stay at the Sandbeck again.
P.S. Sorry once again about the kettle incident David!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family