High Tor Guesthouse
US$131
Dunsley Hall(Whitby)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest houseowners suehigh standardfull english breakfastattic roomfresh fruit saladgreat hostsfirst classfantastic staydressing gownsnothing is too much troublefeel very welcomeoriginal featuresplenty of choiceset you up for the daybreakfast was excellentwarm welcome
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Fantastic guest house, spotless! Very comfy beds and pillows too! Beautifully decorated rooms, to a high standard. And top class lovely people running it. We will deffo go back again.

Huge cooked breakfast, as well as plenty of other options. Easy access to the centre of whitby. Just perfect!

Room Tip: Don't bother looking anywhere else, this is the one!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria R
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I loved staying at High Tor for my weekend away in Whitby. It is in such a great central location and the staff were very friendly and welcoming, and made us feel at ease. I like that there was a choice of breakfast as I am a vegetarian, and that there was no pressure to pay the remaining fees up front. The staff were very helpful when we asked about the tourist attractions and which restaurants she would recommend.

The bedroom was spotlessly clean, and I enjoyed the cute little chocolates laid out on the bed for us!

A very friendly, clean and reasonably priced guesthouse, and I would recommend anyone to stay here on a weekend away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SitheeK
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have stayed at high tor twice allready booked for next year, owners sue and gary make u very welcome nothing is much trouble, breakfast is excellent, rooms are very comfy and spotlessly clean,everything bout guesthouse is spot on.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a find! After coming to Whitby for the past 42 years and stopping in a wide range of accommodation, High Tor is the best placed I've stayed in so far. We (my 82 year old mum and me), booked in last minute and got the last room. We were originally booked into room 6 on the top floor, but when we arrived, the owner saw how old my mum was so moved us into room 2 on the first floor.............and what a room. Definitely 'deluxe'. The bed was huge, seemed bigger than a king size, very comfy with crisp, spotless white linen. A lovely sitting area with sofa and chair, magazines to read through, a hospitality tray (and we were brought fresh milk, not the little carton ones). Breakfast delicious! The whole place was immaculate in decor and cleanliness. If you're looking for somewhere to stay, you don't need to look further than High Tor. The owners have only been in a year and have decorated the whole place in very cool and tasteful colours. Lovely touches, ie dressing gowns in wardrobe and real cloth napkins at breakfast. Thanks for a lovely stay........we'll definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil R
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A wonderful guesthouse, in a great spot. It really was the little touches that made it a great place to stay for a 2-night friends weekend away - wine glasses and corkscrew in the room, a lovely linen smell (simple things!), choice of breakfasts, individual tables for breakfast (loads of guesthouses ask you to share the big kitchen table with everyone else), a twin room (I only found double rooms in Whitby except for here!), friendly hosts who were super quick to respond to emails/phone...what else can I say - we had a fabulous weekend, and having a home-from-home was a BIG part of it. Thanks to Sue and Gary; we'll certainly spread the word!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends