“Charming cottage in a central location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Corner House

The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge. Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge.
Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Our open plan kitchen!
The Green Room - with its super comfy king size bed (with super king sized duvet!).
The Blue Room - with two gorgeously comfy single beds (with double duvets!).
Our shower room.
Yes, this really is the view from almost every room in the cottage!
Another photo of the Tour De Yorkshire passing The Corner House on 1 May 2015!
View of the harbour
View of the east side and St Mary's Church
View of the Abbey and St Mary's Church from the beach
The star rating taking pride of place!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sharon M
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Charming cottage in a central location”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The cottage is central to everything you would need, shops, bars, restaurants, beach, train station etc. Very clean throughout and comfortable with tea, coffee and sugar provided and also a bottle of wine which was a lovely touch. Nichola who owns the property is very helpful and informative and keeps you up to date on your booking etc. This was our second visit and already we are looking forward to returning. Bedding and towels are included too.

Your age range 50-64
24 May 2017
Hi,

Thank you so much for your brilliant and comprehensive review!

We always try to make sure that everyone has a great start to their stay, so I'm chuffed to bits that you liked what we do, that means a great deal. x

Thanks for your kind words about me too - I just think about what I'd like and need if it were the other way around. x

You guys are always more than welcome back any time, so just drop me a line whenever you get the urge to wander to Whitby!

Zachary I
“Perfect location!”
Reviewed 15 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We loved our three day stay at the corner house. Everything you want to see in whitby is within walking distance. And a short drive to robin hoods bay. We really enjoyed riding bikes on the Cinder Trail, such beautiful views! The house was clean and well furnished, would definitely stay again.

18 May 2017
Hi,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review of our little cottage by the sea!

I'm chuffed to bits to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked what we'd done to the place and I'm especially happy to hear that you'd definitely stay again - that means a great deal to me!

I love how much you packed into such a short stay too and am embarrassed to say that I haven't visited the Cinder Trail myself yet, which is shameful! x

Thanks again for your kind words; you guys are welcome back any time!

missannew
Derby, United Kingdom
“Bank holiday break”
Reviewed 2 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Stayed for 3 nights at the The Corner House with my partner his daughter and his mum.
The cottage was of a great location on the flat and right near the restaurants pubs and the Abbey there's no parking on site but we were lucky enough to find a place on the street for free.
It was clean and well equipped and Nicola gave lots of information by email and txt nothiing was too much trouble.
We would recommend staying here and would definitely stay again.

5 May 2017
Hi,

Thank you so very much for you fabulous review!

I'm chuffed to bits to hear that you enjoyed your stay and loved our location. We're very blessed to be in such a brilliant place, which is great for all members of the family and we're very happy to have so many great places to eat and drink so close by.

You and your family are more than welcome back any time and it's great to hear that you would stay again and recommend us.

Franworde...
Leyland, United Kingdom
“Great cottage in superb location”
Reviewed 19 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Great comfortable warm cottage in central location, within short walking distance of everything in Whitby. Parked the car up on arrival and only went back to it to top the car park ticket up. Has everything you need for a comfortable self catering stay, but has all the amenities of Whitby at hand when you step out the door. Would recommend for a short stay or week away.

21 Apr 2017
Hi,

Thank you very much indeed for such a fabulous review.

I'm truly humbled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our little cottage and loved our fantastic location.

We're very proud of the great places to eat and drink that surround us.

You are more than welcome back any time.

Stay97965
“A lovely cottage in the perfect location”
Reviewed 1 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Located just over the bridge Corner House is in the perfect location to explore Whitby. There are plenty of nice eating and drinking places close by. The cottage is very cosy and contains all that you would want for a lovely holiday. Nichola the owner was very helpful with plenty of useful information.

5 Apr 2017
Hi,

Thank you very much for your brilliant review.

I'm chuffed to bits that you liked out little cottage and where it is. Yes, we love our location too as we're very lucky to have so many great places to eat and drink so close to us.

I'm so pleased that you found the information I sent helpful too - I always try to provide what I'd like to receive, if it were the other way around!

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us; you're more than welcome back any time.

Lynda B
“lovely”
Reviewed 24 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

lovely place to stay, close to everything. Lovely view of the river, Warm and cozy on a cold and rainey day. will visit The Corner House again

26 Mar 2017
Hi,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of our little cottage by the sea!

I'm so pleased that you liked how warm and cosy we are and that you enjoyed your stay. I'm chuffed to bits to hear that you're intending to come back to stay with us again too, you'd be more than welcome any time.

Denise L
“Beautiful cottage, great location”
Reviewed 17 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely stay in the cottage. It's in a great spot close to all of Whitby's main attractions. Nichola very helpful and provided everything you need including recommendations for good local eateries. We tried a few and were not disappointed. Hope to return.

19 Mar 2017
Hi,

Thank you very much for your brilliant review!

I'm chuffed to bits to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant recommendations that we've painstakingly put together - it's a chore but someone has to do it! lol

I'm really pleased too that you had a great stay, you're welcome back at time.

Nichola x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing