“Great food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
freshwater
“Great food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to this cafe for over a decade, it is good quality food in an unusual setting. Try the homemade soup, it's excellent.

Visited May 2014

Ryton
“Eat there during a storm”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been here many times, charming, parking easy. Beat to eat in the room behind the main room if it is stormy at sea and watch as the waves nearly hit the windows.
Food good and always well cooked.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank David I
york
“wonderful soups family freindly”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had lunch here on Saturday very good, have a wooden chalet at the rear which is excellent for kids
wood floors so no worrying about any mess!
excellent pea and coriander soup. and great welsh rarebit with ham staff very good all in all a great experience with 2 toddlers. thanks and will see you again.

• Visited May 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“Food good, ignorant customer service!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

1special served of sea trout served with a tomato and tarragon sauce. Very good food, that's where the review ended on the food. We couldn't get seated but did outside with our 5 year old, the signage communicated all! Might as well have said children should be seen but not heard! No one told us we could have had alternative seating inside, after dinner was served we got the bill with the cutlery so we felt un welcome for desserts, won't go back!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Andrew S
Sheffield
“Love this cafe”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've reviewed this cafe before and it continues to be a delight. The setting is beautiful, the layout (especially the enclosed and sunny little courtyard) is delightful, and it's proximity to the sea (waves crash at Sandsend as a matter of course when it's high tide) is wonderful, the service is friendly and efficient and the food and drinks are excellent.

Visited with my three year old son, my partner and my mother (she had never been before and loved it - she also paid for our lunch for which I'm very grateful) on a sunny April lunchtime on our way back to Whitby from a morning spent in Staithes.

Delicious Staithes-caught crab sandwiches all round. The coffee menu is fabulous here and I had a cafetiere of delicious Java. My partner doesn't do caffeine and was pleasantly surprised by her cafetiere of decaf coffee too.

As I've said before this place is not cheap, but for me, no trip to the North Yorkshire coast is complete without a trip to Wits End. Top marks - especially good value too if you can persuade your mother to pay.

• Visited April 2014