Booked this apartment for 2 nights in June for a friends 50th - absolutley fabulous!
1. The apartment owners kept in touch and gave advice prior to arrival.
2. Met by the agent on arrival for entry/keys etc - no problems at all.
3. Decor beautiful - crisp and clean.
4. Excellent quality crockery, cutlery etc.
5. Welcome pack of tea, coffee, chocolates and bottle of prosecco!
6. Lovely balcony (which we were glad of - having booked the hottest weekend of the year).
7. Excellent location - 10/15 minutes walk to York centre.
8. Really quiet location - but plenty of restaurants, bars etc close by.
9. Supermarket round the corner.
10. Bus stop literally 2 minutes walk away.
11. Service bus to York Designer Outlets - 10 minutes - £5 return for 5 of us!!!!!!
12. Fab Italian 5 minutes away - Toto's - looks a bit in need of a spruce up but food fab!
13. Ambient Tapas on Fossgate (approx 10/15 minutes) - excellent and great value!!
14. Plus point for ALL ladies - the apartment backs onto the Fire Statiion
All in all a fabulous weekend - this apartment is fabulous - can't praise it enough - suited our needs perfectly - 5 ladies aged 40-50!!
Stayed here for three nights over daughters wedding. Filled all three rooms and used the lounge area for make up etc on the wedding day. Fabulous location and with Q-Park car park just round the corner we had no problems parking all the cars.
Well equipped and very clean. Full kitchen allowed us to cater fir everyone as needed. Wouldn't hesitate to find back or recommend.
We were staying for a conference and needed access to The Barbican, The Novatel and the Hilton. This apartment was perfect as it was within minutes of each location and appeared to be near some sights that might be of interest to a tourist.
There is one allocated parking space at the back and stairs to a landing and the open plan lounge, dining room and kitchen. The en-suite double is on this floor, as is the bathroom for the two twin rooms up another set of stairs.
It is a lovely apartment and I would highly recommend it. the owners have thought of many of the little things that help with a stay there (such as three umbrellas by the door, some tea, coffee and milk sachets on arrival as well as other little treats), and if they haven't thought of it they have a "Niggles" book for you to let them know what might be useful!! I forgot to put about the odd water pressure in the shared bathroom which took a bit of fiddling to get right, but it was a minor issue.
The twin room I stayed in was the 'smaller' one at the front of the property (overlooking the Firehouse!). It was well set out and furnished, it was clean and crisp in its feel and furnishing. It was basically lovely. The other twin is larger with a TV and the double had a lovely substantial bed.
All members of the party agreed that we would use it again if we visited York, which we are sure to do at some point. Other friends who hired nearby apartments were very jealous at the look and the space of the apartment, for not much more money.
This apartment was excellent in every way. Amazingly equipped, comfortable, very clean and our stay was most enjoyable (especially for 6 quite critical ladies).
Graeme was most helpful, from booking to suggesting a restaurant (Rustique - very good choice), and nothing was too much trouble.
We visited the Castle Museum which was approx a 5 minute walk away and only another 5 minutes into the centre of York.
We will definitely be returning and cannot recommend highly enough.
Stayed with a friend and our children had a fantastic time !- The apartment is spacious & to a very high spec -fantastic location lovely short walk into town & to the other tourist attractions york has to offer will definitely be back
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
The apartment was really beautiful and well maintained. The host Sharon was great. She welcomed us in the apartment and explained all things needed for comfortable stay. The apt had a off road parking that made life easier. All major attractions were walking distance from apartment. I would definitely recommend the stay to friends and family.