This is a fabulous apartment with everything you could possibly need on a break. It's modern,clean,warm and inviting. Plenty ofspace for 6 adults.location is ideal for a stroll into York centre with a lovely riverside walk. We appreciated the extra personal touches which included beautiful Christmas decorations.communication with the owners was easy.I would definitely recommend this apartment.
We have just had two nights in this apartment, we went with friends (3 couples) there was nothing at all to fault about the place.
Excellent communication from the owner who meets you with the keys, 10-15 minute walk into town but there are also plenty of bars and restaurants within 2 minutes walk.
The apartment itself is exceptionally clean and very modern in furnishings etc plus the added bonus of a car park space.
We (a group of 5 ladies) stayed in this fabulous apartment for two nights for a visit to York racecourse. It by far surpassed the photos. It was only a 15 to 20 minute walk to town. It was exceptionally clean, very well equipped with a welcome pack, full sky TV with wifi. Very spacious and the large open plan living area made for an ideal social environment. The added bonus was the outside balcony to sit in in afternoon sun. Owners communication was excellent and they were extremely helpful and obliging. Would highly recommend this beautiful apartment.
Booked this apartment for 2 nights in June for a friends 50th - absolutley fabulous!
1. The apartment owners kept in touch and gave advice prior to arrival.
2. Met by the agent on arrival for entry/keys etc - no problems at all.
3. Decor beautiful - crisp and clean.
4. Excellent quality crockery, cutlery etc.
5. Welcome pack of tea, coffee, chocolates and bottle of prosecco!
6. Lovely balcony (which we were glad of - having booked the hottest weekend of the year).
7. Excellent location - 10/15 minutes walk to York centre.
8. Really quiet location - but plenty of restaurants, bars etc close by.
9. Supermarket round the corner.
10. Bus stop literally 2 minutes walk away.
11. Service bus to York Designer Outlets - 10 minutes - £5 return for 5 of us!!!!!!
12. Fab Italian 5 minutes away - Toto's - looks a bit in need of a spruce up but food fab!
13. Ambient Tapas on Fossgate (approx 10/15 minutes) - excellent and great value!!
14. Plus point for ALL ladies - the apartment backs onto the Fire Statiion
All in all a fabulous weekend - this apartment is fabulous - can't praise it enough - suited our needs perfectly - 5 ladies aged 40-50!!
Stayed here for three nights over daughters wedding. Filled all three rooms and used the lounge area for make up etc on the wedding day. Fabulous location and with Q-Park car park just round the corner we had no problems parking all the cars.
Well equipped and very clean. Full kitchen allowed us to cater fir everyone as needed. Wouldn't hesitate to find back or recommend.
We were staying for a conference and needed access to The Barbican, The Novatel and the Hilton. This apartment was perfect as it was within minutes of each location and appeared to be near some sights that might be of interest to a tourist.
There is one allocated parking space at the back and stairs to a landing and the open plan lounge, dining room and kitchen. The en-suite double is on this floor, as is the bathroom for the two twin rooms up another set of stairs.
It is a lovely apartment and I would highly recommend it. the owners have thought of many of the little things that help with a stay there (such as three umbrellas by the door, some tea, coffee and milk sachets on arrival as well as other little treats), and if they haven't thought of it they have a "Niggles" book for you to let them know what might be useful!! I forgot to put about the odd water pressure in the shared bathroom which took a bit of fiddling to get right, but it was a minor issue.
The twin room I stayed in was the 'smaller' one at the front of the property (overlooking the Firehouse!). It was well set out and furnished, it was clean and crisp in its feel and furnishing. It was basically lovely. The other twin is larger with a TV and the double had a lovely substantial bed.
All members of the party agreed that we would use it again if we visited York, which we are sure to do at some point. Other friends who hired nearby apartments were very jealous at the look and the space of the apartment, for not much more money.