“Friendly obliging staff, large portions of tasty food”
Review of Lal Quila

Lal Quila
Ranked #273 of 916 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Called in without reading reviews. The first table we were offered was in a very busy noisy area. We requested to have a quieter spot and then we were able to settle to enjoy a huge and varied spread off the banquet menu. It was tasty and well presented.

1  Thank KTJ60

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My family and I have always enjoyed take outs from this restaurant so finally having an opportunity to stay in the stylish restaurant was a treat.

It was a fairly busy Saturday in a popular restaurant in the South Bank area of York, we took our table at just before 8, the staff were attentive, despite being busy, and interacted in a non intrusive way.

The food times were perfect, with a nice gap between stater and main, we were in the restaurant three hours and never felt that we were not welcome and our 7 year old was well looked after.

The quality of the cooking was also of a high standard that matched the service and efficiency in a very atmospheric place.

I would highly recommend for families.

3  Thank Nick_Boardman
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am a regular at the resturant/ take aways and felt they deserved a 5 star review.

Sometimes service is on the slow side but if it is busy I think that is ok, because when the food comes it is clear it has been made freshly and with love. The food is great quality and really tasty - one of the best currys in York - I can't remember when/ where I have had better.

The staff are always friendly and welcoming and happy to discuss dishes to ensure you get what you want.

Decor is lovely and relaxed. Great place for couples or groups. Highly reccomended.

3  Thank HP P
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We found this little gem while walking into York for an evening meal. Service was very good although the waiter (very attentive) kept apologising for the delay. We thought the meal was served with just the right amount of time between courses. Overall our visit was most enjoyable and we would definitely recommend this venue.

2  Thank Lez60
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My partner and I ate there last night and we found the food to be packed with great flavours and textures, yet my puri starter was disappointingly dense and stodgy. Sadly the service was poor and delivered by seemingly miserable disinterested staff. The great tasting food did not compensate for the miserable service. We live locally and won't bother checking it out again when there are so many other options to choose from elsewhere in the city.

1  Thank Sarah A