“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled into this restaurant on the recommendation of my local hotel in York. Absolutely stunning. I have spent the last 15 years living between London and New York, but I would struggle to find a steak of this calibre at this price with this first rate service in either city. El Gaucho is a true gem not to be missed. I’ll be back!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was looking for a restaurant that serves steak and stumbled upon this little gem, firstly the service is awesome 10 out of 10 and the food is also excellent it is worth every cent. I will go there again when I visit York again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Found by accident, lovely food, great service. Had the mixed grill. It was fantastic. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Neen here about six times in the past year and it never disappoints. For me it's always the 400g sirloin (called a chorizo steak on the menu for some reason) done medium rare - beyond succulent! There's also a fantastic £20 bottle of Malbec to add to the joy. Brilliant place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not ONLY does this restaurant do the most brilliant steaks, (I had the Chuleton - grass fed rib-eye) but its staff bend over backwards to help you. After a delicious meal, I left without my very precious cashmere scarf - I realised when I got back to London. I called to ask them if they would send it and it appeared in the post a couple of days later. Lovely place, lovely people, lovely food and we will be back!