“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Stumbled into this restaurant on the recommendation of my local hotel in York. Absolutely stunning. I have spent the last 15 years living between London and New York, but I would struggle to find a steak of this calibre at this price with this first rate service in either city. El Gaucho is a true gem not to be missed. I’ll be back!!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a restaurant that serves steak and stumbled upon this little gem, firstly the service is awesome 10 out of 10 and the food is also excellent it is worth every cent. I will go there again when I visit York again

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Found by accident, lovely food, great service. Had the mixed grill. It was fantastic. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Neen here about six times in the past year and it never disappoints. For me it's always the 400g sirloin (called a chorizo steak on the menu for some reason) done medium rare - beyond succulent! There's also a fantastic £20 bottle of Malbec to add to the joy. Brilliant place.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Not ONLY does this restaurant do the most brilliant steaks, (I had the Chuleton - grass fed rib-eye) but its staff bend over backwards to help you. After a delicious meal, I left without my very precious cashmere scarf - I realised when I got back to London. I called to ask them if they would send it and it appeared in the post a couple of days later. Lovely place, lovely people, lovely food and we will be back!