“Food heaven”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this temple of food whilst looking for a romantic evening meal.
The wine and ales on tap where well sourced and we ordered 2 meals off the specials board.
The T-bone steak melted in the mouth and the seafood platter was enormous, colourful, a feast for the eyes and the taste buds.
My only complaint would be the speed of the food, everyone who ordered after had the food served first but I was informed it was due to the steak ??
The food was worth the wait , highly recommended

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Second visit to Oscars and I think I should have kept it to one
Came last night with a colleague and had the t-bone steak and my colleague had the mushroom stroganoff. Fabulous couldnt praise it enough in the office today, but then on a high vame back and I must admit wish I had not
Again went off the specials board, melted mozzarella garlic bread with sweet red onion chutney. Yes the mozzarella had melted but this was a while before it was bought to me and there was chutney, only thing missing was the garlic.
Okay on to the main lamb steak, I think bland pretty much sums it up, so so different to the steak of the previous night, which was perfectly cooked.
The waitress was nice enough though it was the standard "is everything alright with your food" and when I said not the greatest, it went straight over her head.

Nice place reasonable prices if the food is good

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We went to Oscar's on a Sunday lunch. Although it was very busy, we were seated very quickly at a lovely table in the window.

The menu is very extensive, I chose the Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad and the three others all had different burgers.

I have to say that it was the best salad I have ever had, 2 chicken breasts that were lovely and juicy and a big bowl of salad. It also came with a small baguette, that I did not eat as it would have been too much.

The others all enjoyed their burgers, which looked absolutely delicious too. The presentation of the food it outstanding and the service is very good.

I would definitely eat there again

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I ate here with my fiancee, who is 6 months pregnant, and on the first bite of her burger she was greeted by a string of clingfilm. This of course put me off my own meal and we alerted the young, blonde, female manager who took our meals away and apologized and gave us some spiel about how it was the butchers fault. We took this on the chin, finished our drinks, paid and left. We were quite happy to leave it there. That was until we walked out the door to witness 3 chefs stood opposite smoking in their chef whites. We instantly turned around and alerted the same manager who then ran outside to see for herself and then returned to tell us that they were the chefs from next door at The Biltmore. This was especially disheartening as one of the chefs walked past our table earlier on and a second one we followed out of the building when leaving. I'm pretty disappointed that I was point blank lied to and that no responsibility was taken at all for our experience and I also feel sorry for the slander that was thrown at us regarding The Biltmore next door. Needless to say I will not be returning and I will tell this story to anyone who listens.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Went on a Friday night when it was very busy an was told the wait would be "at least 20 minutes", but we waited only 5 at most.
Service was prompt, friendly and efficient.
Food was good, reasonable portions and competitively priced.