“Birthday meal”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
York, England, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have been here probably 3 or 4 times now and each time the food has been spot on. We visited here on the 15th August in the evening, on arrival the restaurant was busy as normal and you get a good atmosphere in a small building so it works really well in this location.
We were sat down straight away and drinks orders taken, 10minutes later our food order was taken. Maybe 20 minutes passed when we got our food and for a friday night in york that is excellent! I had the Oscars special burger and the girlfriend had the caj6n chicken. The food, especially the burger were absolutely beautiful, one of the best I have had for a long time!
Keep up the good work!!
The only criticism I have is with the after service, when at the bar waiting to pay the bill, my good lady was blanked by at least 3 members of staff who just walked past without noticing her.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Always A Favourite.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Oscars has always been one of the restaurants that me and my friends/family have ventured to with it being local. After realising that I hadn't paid a visit in absolutely ages, me and my friend went for lunch just the other week. I was greeted with great food, service and atmosphere. I had the Lasagne, which was lovely, and a side of chips (after stupidly forgetting how big the lasagne portions are!). My friend had the Cajun Chicken which was also really good. Portions are of a great size and there's lots of choice to suit everyone on the menu. Price-wise it is definitely great value for your money, plus if you're a student like me we get 20% discount with a valid NUS Card I think it is so that was even better! I'd really recommend giving this a go if your after some lunch whilst in town, a meal out with friends/family or even just to pop to the bar for a few drinks.

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and food, the place to go!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our party of six ended up here on an August Sunday evening after two failed attempts to eat at the more traditional pubs in York. One didn't have anything we ordered left on the menu and the other had a really poor menu of basic food due to having a temporary chef. So after wandering around looking for somewhere nice to eat we came across Oscars which seemed to have the most life. It was bright and trendy and we were served straight away with drinks. The menu was extensive plus a really good specials menu listed on the blackboard. Everything was available. The food was really good and there was lots of it. Every one of us enjoyed our meals and drinks and what had started out as a disappointing evening elsewhere in York was surpassed at Oscars. Highly recommend!

Walsall, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'm recommending the Parisienne Platter, really enjoyed it!

had a wonderful lunch here, staff friendly, food excellent!

Visited August 2014
York, United Kingdom
“consistently good food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have been to Oscars many times and always loved the experience. The food is well presented, plentiful and tasty with an imaginative menu. It is busy and attracts all ages because of the relaxed atmosphere. Look out for the money saving voucher in the local paper, The Press, for discount on some meals.

• Visited July 2014