“Old world style inn”

Ranked #583 of 874 Restaurants in York
South Wales
“Old world style inn”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stopped off here for a drink and a warm from the outside could during the day. Lovely atmosphere to this Inn.

Visited December 2013

York, United Kingdom
“Rude & Arrogant”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a York resident and have frequented this pub many a time. My friend had hiccups and in an attempt to stop them he held his breath and closed his eyes (15 seconds). The barman asked us to leave as my friend in his opinion was clearly drunk & asleep. Considering we were stood up at the time it would have been quite a feat for him to be asleep, especially with drink in hand. When I tried for an apology the barman refused. His name was Chris but wouldnt give me his second name. He is quite all, you cant miss him. The manager then got involved (Paul Berry) though I doubt he was the manager in all honesty, he again refused to apologise and when I said I would contact the local press to advise them of my experience he advised "ooohhh Im scared". The licensee is Liam Francis Fagin who I will be contacting
I have never seen such poor service and attitude. There are plenty of pubs in York so dont waste your time in this one unless you want to see comedy duo little & lurch (Paul & Chris).

1 Thank David O
London
“good cheap food”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

stopped here for food after visiting the roman baths
small pub but good food.
ideal for stopping midtour

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Go for the food, not the atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

If you are wanting good pub food and drinks at reasonable prices then you should be very happy with the Roman Bath pub/restaurant. But please don't expect much in terms of ambience!

We were there for lunch on a rainy mid-week afternoon. The tables are very close together and although it was very busy we were able to find a table next to a display of pottery shards found in the area that was quite interesting. The food was served quickly and pleasantly.

It was loud and crowded, but the food was good and I would eat there again.

• Visited June 2013
UK
“Excellent pub food”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

In York for some shopping and popped in at lunchtime for a bit to eat. Good varied menu, pleasant staff and quality of food and service. I had a hot steak baguette and chips and at £6.95 it was great value for money. Would definitely recommend and revisit.

• Visited August 2013