“Beautiful food. Choose anything!”
Review of York Spice - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Lots of visits to York Spice and the food is consistently excellent. You can tell the quality of cooking by the tarka dhal, simple stuff, perfectly done, to really complex dishes with lots of subtlety.
Friendly staff and bright surroundings.
A favourite.

Reviewed 23 October 2010

House meal for 2 - £12.95 per person. 2 starters, 2 main courses, 2 rice, 1 side dish - aloo gosht and a nan bread. Food was excellent, service was first class and experience was thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed 24 August 2010

on a city break in york with family (my daughter 33, my mum 76 and me 55) we went to york spice for our evening meal, the staff were so friendly and helpful and the food was great tasting and good value, just a small resturant and take a away but loads of fun to eat in.

Reviewed 18 January 2010

Went here last Friday (15-01-10) with my wife and 2 young children aged 2 and 4 years old. We were staying at the Rowntree Park Caravan Club Site; this restaurant was about 150 meters away from the site.
I telephoned the restaurant before to make sure they were happy with us taking our small children they said this was fine.
We arrived at the restaurant quite early. The staff were very friendly and even made a small chicken tikka masala for them.
The food was very good and of high quality, my daughter ate loads of rice and bread.
We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, very friendly staff; the food was excellent the cost was average. My kids loved the fish tank. I would gladly visit again.

Reviewed 14 September 2008

We had a meal here when staying in York.
Great value for money. Very good food.
We were even given a round of drinks after our meal.
Baileys for the ladies and a scotch for the men.
Definately will go again when in York.