“Lovely place for a good English meal.”

Michael's Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 879 Restaurants in York
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
San Francisco
“Lovely place for a good English meal.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After a long day of sightseeing we were looking for a uncrowded place for dinner and in the Shambles we stumbled across Michael's. Their set menu price was very inviting and we were very glad we chose it. I had the Roast Lamb which was delicious. My friend chose the Roast Beef. Neither of us picked a bad choice. The meats were cooked to perfection with Yorkshire Pudding and freshly cooked vegetables. Altogether a very satisfying meal. Do not skip the desserts, the entrees were wonderful but the desserts were a highlight. We both had the sticky toffee pudding and licked the bowls clean. Even if you can not stop for dinner, the desserts are available most of the day.

• Korean first
“Enjoyable meals, lovely staff”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Ate here a few times as a guest of Galtres Lodge, for breakfast and once for dinner. Each time I was served straight away with miminal wait by friendly staff. There are lots of choices at quite reasonable prices.

Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

my wife and I had breakfast twice, and evening meals 3 times, food was excellent, piping hot, staff very friendly and efficient, what more can i say.

Visited June 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Pleasant experience, classic food, well cooked”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nipped in here in the early evening after a lovely day out in York with my partner. A good choice of specials and what I would describe as classic dishes. I opted for a cod mornay with cray fish tails and prawns, whilst the other half plumped for my second choice of seabass with asparagus, both dishes being specials.

Food was well presented and was served with nicely cooked seasonal vegetables. From a personal point of view the menu maybe wasn't quite to my taste...I tend to like a little more spice, but then again I knew that when I went in and they delivered on that.

All in all a pleasant experience with friendly service

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We came across this restaurant whilst strolling through York, we ate the suet pudding and the salmon fishcakes, both from the specials board, the food was piping hot and plenty of it. The service was very good attentive but not fussy and the prices excellent.