“great food great staff in this little hidden gem”

Michael's Brasserie
Reserve with TopTable
Michael's Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 965 Restaurants in York
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i went in today 20/05/2018 i had pate very good steak and ale Yorkshire pudding with vegetables excellent and i had treacle pudding and ice cream. Cant wait to go back.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

I have been here with my sister three times now for lunch. Each time the food has been prepared fresh and is of a high standard. The service is excellent. Michael's Brasserie is a small and friendly restaurant where you can relax without the hustle and bustle of big food chain restaurants and can enjoy your meal in peace and quiet. The menu is varied and offers plenty of choice and is also good value for money. I would definitely recommend a visit when you next visit York.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

After spending the day sightseeing, and feeling tired, hot, hungry and thirsty, and beginning to snap at the other half because I get very hangry if I’m not fed on a regular basis, we decided to give here a try. Nothing stands out from the front, but the food, hostess, and attention to details was first class. My starter was chicken, prawn & veg parcels with sweet chilli sauce. The parcels were piping hot, crispy and tasty. Chilli sauce not too hot and salad side lovely and fresh. My main course was king prawns with veg in a black bean sauce, rice and chips. Again, lovely and hot, wonderfully tasty, and great size portion. Chips were tasty and crisp and a big bowl to share with hubby. Waitress was competent and friendly. Let very quiet atmosphere after the hectic day of dodging the crowds and avoiding the drunk stag and hen parties. It was an oasis in Michaels. Hubby had tandoori chicken starter, again, lovely and fresh with a mint yoghurt sauce and salad. His main was meatballs in tomato sauce and tagliatelle. Wonderful big juicy meatballs and lashings of sauce. Hubby couldn’t finish all his pasta which in itself is amazing, as he has a fantastic appetite and rarely leaves anything on his plate. So to sum up this little gem I would give it a huge 5 stars as this is one place we will definitely be returning too. But shushhhhh ... we do not want too many people knowing, as it’s our food secret now!!

1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Revisited this restaurant with friends for a mid week lunch on a chilly day. Menu was the same - but with a daily specials board . Quality of food still good, large portion sizes and plenty of fresh veg too.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Did a research in the internet and found this popular restaurant in York. Inside looks old, unlike many new restaurants nearby, but the quality of food is more important.

Me and my friend ordered the special 2 courses menu, starters - 1 tomato soup with bread (very fresh!) and 1 beef onion soup with bread (tasty but a bit salty). And we both also ordered the popular pudding, it come with some vegetables for you to mix it with the beef mushroom soup on the pudding, it is delicious and the price is really reasonable(only Gbp 10.95 per person!), and how they present also make us feel wow.

And the staff is friendly, there is only us during the time I went at around 4 pm.

Overall we enjoyed the lunch here so much, and recommended those who wanna try.

1  Thank Stanley C