other travellers have booked this property

Review of Minster View

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Daniel F
“NO HEATING, NO OUTSIDE FURNITURE, SLIMY BALCONY...”
Reviewed 15 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Arrived at the apartment and it seemed fine if not a little chilly.

Went to put the heating on but it didn't work. Staying in January was a bad idea as all three of us were shivering all night.

Went out onto the balcony to star gaze as we planned to do all wrapped up however there was no balcony furniture as they show on the pictures!!!

Having being out there I noticed my friends white shoes were covered in slime which has stained his shoes now and ruined them as well as my red shoes. Not a good start.

We then noticed the open bin with green mould growing in it with the empty milk cartons.

Once we went inside to try turn the heating on, it said it was, but the heating just wouldn't come on what so ever.

There is also a notice near the heating saying "do not
Touch" haha! I guess the landlords are saving a fortune in heating with this being the case.

The rooms were nicely sized and the place seemed tidy enough.

Once we went to bed freezing and had our shoes ruined and we couldn't even sit on the balcony to star gaze, I then noticed the bathroom window in the en suite won't even close so we had to leave it open all night so thank god I managed to warm up slightly under the covers.

Lastly in the morning I had a hot chocolate that was left in the unit for guests, however after I had the first sip I thought it tasted disgusting and I checked the packed and it was over a year out of date! (My own fault for not checking first). I didn't drink the little cartons of milk as they didn't have dates on that I could see.

I complained to the people over email before I wrote this review in order for them to refund me as I stayed here as it was one of the most expensive in york and hoped for one of the best places however it was terrible, and
All they have said is that because I didn't report these issues while I was there they will do nothing for me. Having spent almost £300 for one night, I am utterly disgusted.

They've questioned how the balcony can ruin my shoes and basically said that it's too late for them to do anything and it's my fault for not getting in touch with them to sort the problems out. Rip off and a con. If I wanted the cheapest place in york I'd accept whatever I walked into, but not when I've spent this for one night! Please see all my pictures demonstrating their being no furnature on the balcony, the mouldy milk bottles, my slime ruined shoes, the window that won't shut and the dead flies.

You also never meet anyone to do with this place, you're asked to pick the keys up and return them to a place across the road so what number are you supposed to call so you can actually get warm?

If you want something luxury, go somehwere else.

Roger L
Newburgh, Indiana
“Great space, but a bit of a walk from everything”
Reviewed 5 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We enjoyed having 3 bedrooms for our family of 5, but a little surprised to find no complementary soaps or shampoos, or even some paper towel. Had to make a trip to the grocery - which was just a block away. Nice view from both balconies but couldn't really enjoy due to winter temps. Not a bad place.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing