“great food and friendly staff”
Review of Indian Lounge

Indian Lounge
Ranked #359 of 935 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Since moving to York I’ve dinned in Indian Lounge twice both times had a really good time, food was first-class and staff is excellent

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were in York and stumbled across this restaurant more by luck than judgement but really pleased we did! Food was excellent, some slightly different choices from the usual run of the mill Indians but thoroughly enjoyed it. The garlic naan was to die for!

2  Thank PinaColadaWokingham
Reviewed 27 May 2014

we had an overnight stay in York and had dinner here. This was probably one of the best if not the best Indian meal I ever had. I don't like things hot so had murg hyderabadi (or something like that!) and it was gorgeous. I normally go for kormas or something similar but often they are too sweet. This was perfect. My husband prefers hot and chose a garlic chicken dish and he loved it. I tried it but whilst it was a little too spicy the chicken was succulent and tasty. I would definitely recommend it to my fellow Indian lovers.

2  Thank Lesley R
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The food was lovely, plenty of it and full of flavour. What spoilt it for me was the service. Not one smile and I would go as far as to say that the way we were spoken to bordered on rude. On 2 occasions I moved aside to let a server pass me with no thanks, not even a nod of acknowledgment. My visit was spoilt by being made to feel like I wasn't welcome or that the staff didn't want to be there, either way not nice really, leaving me wanting to return for the lovely food but reluctant to do so because of the staff.

1  Thank RBrukwicki
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've been here on a number of occasions now, and the service, choice and quality of the food is good, pretty much the same every time, which is a good thing if you have made no plans and want a reliable Indian restaurant to head for...