“A little disappointing”
Review of Haunted, 35 Stonegate - CLOSED

Haunted, 35 Stonegate
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited this attraction on the York Pass, and I am unsure if I would have paid the price asked for. It started off in a waiting room and they we were advised to move around the house as and when instructed by the audio tape. I think this might have been better if there was more interaction between objects and maybe the owners. The rooms were set out as I would have expected and was disappointed not to see anything. It took a while for the audio to start in some rooms so will left in the dark for a few seconds longer than thought

1  Thank Stacey M

Reviewed 21 May 2014

As entering the tour of the house I saw a women in the garden who I thought was a customer. Anyway, I viewed the house and I felt someone stroking the back of my hair, I also looked at my mum who seemed to have all white around her in the attic and her face looked different. At the end of the tour I realised that no customers could access the garden and I was left thinking well how did that women get into the garden then? It dawned on me that women must of been a ghost because there was only one person working that day on the front desk...See for yourself and make you're own opinion, everyone has a different opinion anyway so it is better to decide for yourself. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Not even disappointing, just thoroughly boring... With a gift shop at the end! They make great bones about saying "we have no gimmicks, no actors, no ketchup..." That's great, but they have nothing else except for a recording... And some nice antique furniture....

2  Thank Darren M
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we had our 13 yr old son with us who wasn't too keen to start with, the house is really great, I do believe in a past life etc as I know some folks wont, you see what you see and that's all im saying :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We visited 35 Stonegate today just after lunchtime and found it quite a spooky experience. Lady in shop was lovely and polite and we paid our £7.50 each to get in. We asked if there was anyone in the house at that time which there wasn't which immediately gave us the chills, the lady showed us into the first room where she informed us audio tapes played as we walked through the house and she left us to explore. We (both girls aged 21) found it very scary in places, mostly due to the fact we had no idea what to expect and the fact we were completely alone. We lost all rational thoughts and once the dark rooms became more and more frequent we started feeling very uneasy. Scariest part was the Attic rooms, very dark and spooky. Although we didn't see anything out of the ordinary, the experience itself was great, I don't actually think we could of coped with seeing a ghost! Only criticisms we did find is the audio tour can be quite hard to follow, maybe an updated one with less screams and more facts would work slightly better and the mirror room, just seems to cheapen the experience of the house. Would recommend to visit in small group to get a real, isolated, spooky feel.

1  Thank Megan G