“Both phone batteries drained and camera wouldn't work in certain rooms!”
Review of Haunted, 35 Stonegate - CLOSED

Haunted, 35 Stonegate
Leeds, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Both phone batteries drained and camera wouldn't work in certain rooms!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

£7.50 per adult was a lot for something like this. Lovely building and very big. But it had poor directions and we wasn't always sure what room to go in to. We had a good laugh bit it depends who you go with. It's one visit thing and the staff where lovely. Both out tarot cards where true- bit freaky! what was played for you in each room when on a bit and you had to sit while it played to let you know the direction of the next room. Nothing happened to us apart from our phone batteries draining and my partners camera not working in two of the rooms. My flash like on my phone wouldn't work in the same rooms either. Is it ghostly happenings or technology playing up I will let you decide!!! It's a bit if fun if nothing else

2 Thank Charlottepuss

• Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrifying!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Was so eerie this place! Easy to find in centre of York. Staff polite and friendly, and passionate about the house. You walk freely round the house, guided room by room by audio. You are told about the house and it's history as you go through each room. Didn't cost much and we visited here using our York passes. We caught orbs and I was touched on the back by a cold hand! Not to be missed this for a real feel of York history.

1 Thank VictoriaP P
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nothing happened but very eerie”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I'm not a huge lover of haunted experiences and ghost stories but thought we would visit here as it was the next nearest attraction to where we were. You are guided through the house with audio, some of the rooms are pitch black. It is extremely eerie and worth a visit. Not sure I would of paid to visit but had the Yorkpass which included this house. Strange to walk through a house that has had countless visitors and inhabitants. If walls could talk, 35 Stonegate would certainly tell some stories!!

2 Thank Roo2687
Cardiff, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Neither here nor there”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've given this a three more for the concept than the actual experience. There were certainly moments that were quite scary, like entering each strange room in pure darkness and your eyes playing tricks on you making you think you're seeing things around you. Generally, the audio that plays out in each room is not that scary and unless you have a bit of a nervous disposition you won't get very spooked. We spent time in the room that looks over the Shambles having a bit of a laugh taking pictures outside and elsewhere took pictures in the dark hoping to maybe see something after when we looked back at them. I have a bit of respect for the unknown so the room with the ouija board I gave my full attention and respect to. On the whole though this was a little disappointing, saying that it is quite a personal experience and if you scare easily and believe in hauntings etc, you may well love this. Doing this after dark in winter would probably be scarier too.

The operator at the beginning gave us the best moment when he seemed to predict my girlfriend's name like a real possessed ghost or something. We then realised after she had her name necklace on, which provided some light entertainment.

3 Thank Rich P
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scary”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Im unsure about believing in the suoernatural but me and my boyfriend gave it a try and it was terrifying I had to walk back out the way we came after just a few rooms very eerie wish I was brave enough to have seen it all but it was truely weird! And I'm not feint hearted!!! freezing unside & caught an orb on cam from the few pics we took

1 Thank Katemoores1992