“Good Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We just happened to be walking by Mamma Mia and decided to give it a try. It was fairly late but they were still serving.

The waiter was attentive and helpful. I had a Capriciosa pizza and I can safely say it's the best pizza I've ever eaten! The pizza base was divine with a good crust and the toppings hot and plentiful.

The wine list was good with some good affordable bottles. I seem to remember the house wine was fine.

We sat in the front by the window and were the only ones there. The back room was much busier and buzzing and had a much better atmosphere. It was a little dull where we were but as I said it was quite late. I imagine it's much better when there's more people in there.

All in all very good indeed. Lovely, homecooked Italian food, great, friendly service. Just lacking a bit of atmosphere where were.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Lovely Italian staff serving absolutely delicious food, a very good range of dishes.
It was nice to try something different, although I was almost tempted by some of the more traditional options which would undoubtedly have been just as good!
May eat here again in the next few days, before we return home to Hereford and would definitely come here again when re-visiting York.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

great food very reasonable, very friendly & helpful staff couldn,t do enough for you truely italian takeaways also available

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We went here for a pre theatre meal on Saturday evening, the restaurant was a little quiet when we arrived but soon filled up, the menu and specials board had something for everyone and the food was excellent, the only downside was the gap between the tables, you were practically sitting with the people on the next table! However the ambience when the restaurant filled up was worth it.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had pizza and spaghetti bolognese, Both were very salty for our taste and I couldn't eat it.Best to ask for no salt because you can add some yourself if you want to.

1  Thank auntieangeThingwall