“Perfect ladies getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Fully fitted kitchen with leather corner suite to relax on
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Fully fitted kitchen with leather corner suite to relax on
Orangery attached to kitchen at rear
Could you get any closer to York Minster? View from 1st floor lounge
Views over neighbouring gardens and historic walls from main bedroom
Utility room with washer and dryer
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
gemandmic
“Perfect ladies getaway”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in May 2018

Where do I start? All communication prior to our stay was so professional and friendly. The key handover was easy and everything was explained perfectly.
The location is second to none - the security gates make you feel extra safe but also like a celebrity as all the tourists look on as you enter in and out!
Once inside the house all our breaths were taken away! It is stunning and spotless (I did catch the cleaning ladies on leaving and told them this lol)
I've stayed many times in holiday homes and NEVER one as beautiful as this. It's spacious whilst feeling homely. The bathrooms are modern and the showers powerful!
Sitting in the gorgeous sun trap patio the city walls are the only clue that you are right bang in the city centre- that and the Minster bells.
My pictures don't do this holiday home justice and I've already told others about it as so delighted to have found it.
However, I must also add a huge THANK YOU to Carol and her team for the wonderful touches such as a birthday cake and banner left for my arrival (my 40th was the reason for our stay). This was a such a lovely surprise - delicious too.
I know I will return here in the future - just hope it's before my 50th!!

1 Jun 2018
Wow!! Thank you so much for an absolutely fantastic review! It was a pleasure to have you all stay. You comments about the property, location, cleanliness and our customer service will not only be really useful to prospective guests but also on a personal level they make our whole team very happy and proud of what we do. Thank you for being wonderful guests and we look forward to seeing you again!
lostbutno...
Honiton, United Kingdom
“Minster Townhouse Delight”
Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Last weekend we spent 2 nights at the Minster Townhouse in York. We were celebrating family birthdays and the setting just made the whole weekend even more special. The location of the property is excellent, the hussle and bussle of York in the day just outside the gated entrance and in the evening the peace of the Cathedrals gardens. The house it's self is beautiful and well appointed with everything you need. As a group of adults it was nice having plenty of glasses for fizz! The property was excepionally clean and comfortable.I can't imagine staying in any other place when visiting York

York is a fantastic city and I recommend the York City Cruises and York Dungeons for some sight seeing and fun. .

16 Apr 2018
Thank you for a fantastic review which I'm sure will be really useful to prospective guests. The house and location is wonderful and I am so glad it made your birthday celebrations extra special.
4snowball...
Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect setting for York city explorations!”
Reviewed 3 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

When someone says they are a stones throw away they couldn’t be more truthful from the wonderful townhouse to the Minster. The stylish house is the perfect base to explore everything York has to offer. Our family enjoyed the space and surprising tranquility the house afforded whilst enjoying the ability to be in the heart of the culture, art, events and foody delights of this vibrant city. Carol who organised the booking and Rachael who greeted us were both very efficient and helpful. We will definitely be back!

5 Apr 2018
Thank you for your wonderful review and for your very kind comments about Rachael and I. Minster Townhouse really is a special property in an extra special location and we were pleased to have you stay. Look forward to seeing you again!
Catstar13
“Brilliant Accomodation, Excellant Location”
Reviewed 24 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

When we booked this it all seemed a bit too good to be true. We had a couple of initial problems with having to cancel and rebook as the house had just moved letting agents. However everything was clearly explained to us by the agents and we were assured all was still in order.
We travelled with small children (youngest age 3) and we all easily walked from the train station to the house.
The house is quite literally at the front door to York Minster. Absolutely exceptional location. We were met there by the agent who had the house all cosy and warm for us with milk and some cakes ready to meet us.
The house is in fantastic order and has everything that you could possibly need to enjoy your stay there and feels very homely. It is a townhouse with lots of stairs which our 3 year old is very confident with... younger children may need watching more closely.
Everything you could want to do is within walking distance of this house. And it really is pretty special to be listening to the bells every hour and on Sunday it was fabulous to hear all the church bells.
Out the back of the house are the roman walls which can be accessed just round the corner from the house.
We would book again without hesitation and recommend to anyone.
The only very small recommendation I have made to the agent is that the extension leads in the bedrooms for the TVs could be tidied up a bit. A very very small recommendation which in no way affected our enjoyment of this stunning house.

25 Feb 2018
Thank you for your 5 star review. This really is a special house in an extra special location and we are so glad that you were also pleased with our customer service and our meet and greet service. We loved having you stay and hope we will see you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect location townhouse”
Reviewed 19 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

The location of this townhouse is unbeatable: York Minster is right in front of you! This is a family-friendly, modern décor townhouse, that's perfect for a base in York. We'd love to come back!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
20 Feb 2018
Thank you for your great review. We are so pleased that you loved the house and the location and hope that you will stay again.
Carl I
“Superb property in magnificent location”
Reviewed 25 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I knew from the booking that this property was centrally located but I didn’t appreciate it was so good, it must be the best location in a York to be right next to the Minster and all the shops with parking facilities. I was then met with a meet and greet by a lovely lady who acted as my personal concierge which was greatly appreciated.
Following this great first impression the property itself more than lived up to expectations. A superbly spacious house over three floors equipped, dressed and cleaned to the highest of standards.
Although my stay was in winter I feel I must also mention the superb orangery and patio area at the rear, something I will definitely return to experience in Summer.
Everything about this booking was 10/10 and I would recommend to anyone.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
27 Jan 2018
Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are pleased that you were so happy with the property, parking facilities, location and the "meet and greet" We would love you to stay again in summer to experience more of the orangery and garden! Hope to see you soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;