“An impressive first visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Strada - York

Strada - York
Ranked #188 of 858 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A moment's walk from York Minster and the Theatre Royal, Strada York has become a popular place to dine with locals and visitors alike. The restaurant is located in a beautiful Grade I listed building and retains many of its original features. There is a rear courtyard garden with plenty of outside seating for al fresco dining. Strada York is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available. The menus offer hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Troon, United Kingdom
“An impressive first visit.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Before going down to visit York, I decided, since I had a voucher for 30% off food, to book a table at Strada for dinner.

On arrival, I was greeted by the manager who was very welcoming and polite. He quickly showed me to a table, took my drinks order and left me with a menu to have a look over. Because the restaurant wasn't busy, I was given the option to sit where I wanted, and therefore chose a table next to the window to watch the world go by.

After having a look at the menu, I decided to go for a main course and desert. I chose Penne pasta in a tomato and basil sauce drizzled with pesto for main course, and the chocolate melt pudding for desert.

Not long after placing my order, my main course arrived and was impressive. The pasta was cooked nicely and the sauce was very tasty with a nice richness from the pesto. The portion size was good too, and I didn't feel bloated after finishing it.

After my main course plate was cleared, I eagerly awaited desert. It came within 5 minutes and was delicious too.

The cost of the two courses and an orange juice with the 30% off voucher came to approximately £13, which was very good value considering the quality of the food and service. It was a good dining experience and I would definitely pay another visit next time I am in York.

• Visited July 2014

“Very nice”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Came here with my Mum on a Saturday having found a £10 off voucher online.
Food very nice, staff very accomodating and will tweak certain dishes if asked.
Great location, I suggest sitting by the window as over the weekend you will see all sorts of people and performers passing by.

Very nice.

1 Thank BeccaMoore
York, United Kingdom
“Family friendly restaurant”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our usual place for lunch if we're out in the Town in weekends. Staffs are nice there and foods are delicious.
My wife loves sea food especially prawns there are a few good choices. GAMBERONI in starter (£6.95) is especially tasty, ideal for a quick bit combined with bread.

York, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly helpful waitress. Good food.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a lovely lunch here. Used Tesco vouchers so was good value. Really helpful friendly waitress. Would go back.

• Visited May 2014
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had a lovely lunch here, all our meals were hot and tasty. Only snag, the chef cooked a child's pizza for my teenage daughter by mistake, so she had to wait until a new one was cooked, resulting in us eating at different times.

Good prompt service. Would eat here again