“Never Again”

Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A moment's walk from York Minster and the Theatre Royal, Strada York has become a popular place to dine with locals and visitors alike. The restaurant is located in a beautiful Grade I listed building and retains many of its original features. There is a rear courtyard garden with plenty of outside seating for al fresco dining. Strada York is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available. The menus offer hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were about the only people in the restaurant which should have told us something.
The service very poor and the food bland tasteless and over priced.
This was our first and last experience at a Strada!!!

1  Thank Rickdekikkerfanclub

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a lunch and a dinner whilst visiting York for a holiday. We've always liked the selection of dishes at this chain and this restaurant prepared them well. The service was quick and efficient and we really appreciated the effort they went to to bring out kids courses early as it made for a much more relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really really nice place to eat italian is my faviroute cuisine I love it and Strada is a lovely little place to try I sat out in the sun on a lovely warm day.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We visited this place on Wednesday for lunch and had a fantastic meal. My family and I were in the area on holiday and just stumbled on to it by accident. The place is tastefully decorated with a background music of jazz. The meal was delicious and the service was fine. The place was empty so don't know what it would be like on a busy cover day. I had the Cajun chicken burger and fries and it was superb. My partner had the chicken with pasta in a creamy sauce and she told me it was one of the best meals she had ever eaten. I would definitely make this my go to restaurant in the York area. If you like good food with a cool vibe try it out.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited the Strada recently with friends. Good central location, good selection of drinks. Quality of food was very good. Good selection of Pizzas all cooked in stone built ovens.better seating would be my only gripe, wooden chair's uncomfortable after a short while. Very Good table service. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Andrew S