“Not As Good As The Menu Makes Out..”
Review of Strada - York

Strada - York
Ranked #199 of 916 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A moment's walk from York Minster and the Theatre Royal, Strada York has become a popular place to dine with locals and visitors alike. The restaurant is located in a beautiful Grade I listed building and retains many of its original features. There is a rear courtyard garden with plenty of outside seating for al fresco dining. Strada York is a part of the well-known group of contemporary Italian restaurants located on the high street serving good quality, simple, freshly prepared dishes using the finest seasonal produce available. The menus offer hand stretched pizzas, fresh pastas and risotto, as well as grilled meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The service was very good but must say was a little disappointed withe the food. We went there because the kids recognised the brand and the menu looked very good. I'm glad they accepted the Gourmet Society Card as this saved 25% so it made it a bit better value. Won't be rushing back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very good Italian food , staff very attentive , great wee restaurant excellent food very tasty .like being in Italy attention to detail on every plate .

1  Thank shepherrd
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff were very welcoming and went out of their way to accommodate us and our little one, even giving him a plate of baby friendly 'finger food' free of charge. I had the gnocchi on the specials menu, which was very good. The only downside was my husband's spaghetti bolognaise, which was a little lacking when it came to a decent amount of bolognaise. We would recommend - particularly for families with babies/young children.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have visited Strada many times and always find the food consistently good. However, last Friday was my first visit to the Strada in York and I was sorely disappointed with the quality if the food. The green olives which are usually so tasty were bland and watery. I asked to change them for the mixed olives which the waitress did and she apologised. My husband ordered pizza and was happy with his choice and my brother and sister is law enjoyed their chicken burger and lamb shank. My risotto verdure however was tasteless; the rice was mushy and I could only eat a few mouthfuls. My mother in law couldn't eat her ravioli either, she said it wasn't as good as it usually is. This was disappointing as it was a birthday celebration. Our waitress was lovely though and sent out a birthday dessert for my father in law. The wait staff are fab, such a shame about the food.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were about the only people in the restaurant which should have told us something.
The service very poor and the food bland tasteless and over priced.
This was our first and last experience at a Strada!!!

1  Thank Rickdekikkerfanclub