“Stunning.....”

Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Kennedy's Bar and Restaurant is unique to York, set in the quarter, just a stone's throw from York Minster, Kennedy's offers a stylish and modern setting for people to drink and dine, and features a roof top sun terrace, a contemporary ground floor bar and dance floor. Kennedy's pride themselves on relaxed friendly service and freshly prepared food.
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Having checked out trip adviser and Kennedy's reading so we'll we decided to check it out for a spot of lunch, the experience I had as lovely I decided to have the Caesar salad and my partner had one of their home made burgers, I could honestly say that although the Caesar salad was healthy and a great choice the burger looked incredible.
Bar staff were very attentive and took great care of making sure that our lunch was a great experience.
Will defiantly be back.

Karen W, Manager at Kennedys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you..the ceaser salad is one of my favorites, but the burgers are too. Try a burger next time, you can burn the calories off by walking around the great shops nearby.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I thought it was a very sophisticated venue. We came for food through the day it was very stress free the staff were amazing and very polite helped us a lot. The food was just WOW! The night time scene was very good as well although it was packed the bouncers also bar staff seemed very calm and collected the men on the door were very polite and gave you a warm welcoming the ones that stood out for me the most was a stocky balled head man and a polish man they were funny polite and had 'banter' with you made you feel well at home! I will defintley be coming back here again! Keep up the good work your doing a great job!! :)

2  Thank Reviewer1224

Great, I'm glad that you tried us in the daytime and at night. Hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A little treasure of a restaurant down a small lane which we found by accident, but we were so glad we did! We enjoyed a lovely lunch sitting in the sunshine. The chips were the best I've ever tasted! Not frozen! I also had a great plate of nachos which I thoroughly recommend. Good value and service with a smile.

Thank you, I'm glad you stumbled across us. See you next time you are in York.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have visited York many times before but this was our fist visit to Kennedys. We sat out on the roof terrace as it was a lovely day. We ordered burgers on a Wednesday and got 50% off - a real deal! The burgers were delicious and the hand cut chips were AMAZING! Our 5 year old son was kept entertained by a colouring sheet on the back of his menu and really enjoyed his hand carved ham sandwich. Fresh ingredients used and served with a smile. Everything arrived promptly and hot. Strongly recommended and we will be back!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Nice review, thank you. I hope you visit again next time you are in York.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I travel extensively so we have had our fair share of great, not so great, and bad experiences. Kennedy's distinguishes itself as the worst place we have dined, ever. We came for lunch and ordered the soup of the day. It was unspeakably and thoroughly terrible. It was nearly too hot to eat and improperly seasoned. It was nearly in edible. While the food was horrible, the service was even worse! We waited in excess of 45 minutes for four bowls of soup. We have children and long waits with kids when they are hungry can be difficult. When we enquired about our order after 40 minutes, the server changed from indifferent to openly hostile. Don't go there! Anywhere else is better.

2  Thank Don B
Karen W, Guest Relations Manager at Kennedys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Truly sorry to hear that you had a visit as stated. We get fantastic feedback on both the staff here at Kennedys and our soup of the day. All I can do is apologise and say this really isn't a true reflection of Kennedys.