“Made me buy a Greggs!! Pfft!!”

Kennedys Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 887 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Kennedy's Bar and Restaurant is unique to York, set in the quarter, just a stone's throw from York Minster, Kennedy's offers a stylish and modern setting for people to drink and dine, and features a roof top sun terrace, a contemporary ground floor bar and dance floor. Kennedy's pride themselves on relaxed friendly service and freshly prepared food.
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made me buy a Greggs!! Pfft!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Don't want to rattle on about my visit today, slagging your place would not make me feel better, and would surely not be a true reflection as the majority of your visitors seem to have enjoyed your hospitality. .. I just think I really must have caught you guys on a bad day. I Would just like to thank the female member of staff who wrote off our entire bill for 5 of us (even though it was only my meal that didn't get ordered, and one other chicken burger being a bit overdone) for softening the blow.

Unlucky experience, well dealt with.

1 Thank Sean S
Karen W, Manager at Kennedys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
I'm glad the mistakes you experienced were well dealt with. I'm sorry you felt that you could only give one star as you say yourself that maybe it was just an unlucky experience. Do visit again and hopefully your next review will be better.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Came to Kennedys with friends on saturday night, we were served by two lovely young girls at the upstairs bar, they were extremely busy however didn't fail to give service with a smile. The Dj was fantastic playing classic oldies and all the new stuff. I thought the drinks prices were reasonable for such a classy bar. Definitely will be returning.

• Visited August 2014
Great!! I hope to see you at the bar and on the dance floor next time. Thanks for the review.
Isle of wight
“Stunning.....”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Having checked out trip adviser and Kennedy's reading so we'll we decided to check it out for a spot of lunch, the experience I had as lovely I decided to have the Caesar salad and my partner had one of their home made burgers, I could honestly say that although the Caesar salad was healthy and a great choice the burger looked incredible.
Bar staff were very attentive and took great care of making sure that our lunch was a great experience.
Will defiantly be back.

Thank you..the ceaser salad is one of my favorites, but the burgers are too. Try a burger next time, you can burn the calories off by walking around the great shops nearby.
York, United Kingdom
“Very sophisticated.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I thought it was a very sophisticated venue. We came for food through the day it was very stress free the staff were amazing and very polite helped us a lot. The food was just WOW! The night time scene was very good as well although it was packed the bouncers also bar staff seemed very calm and collected the men on the door were very polite and gave you a warm welcoming the ones that stood out for me the most was a stocky balled head man and a polish man they were funny polite and had 'banter' with you made you feel well at home! I will defintley be coming back here again! Keep up the good work your doing a great job!! :)

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Reviewer1224
Great, I'm glad that you tried us in the daytime and at night. Hopefully we will see you soon.
Egypt
“Delicious lunch”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A little treasure of a restaurant down a small lane which we found by accident, but we were so glad we did! We enjoyed a lovely lunch sitting in the sunshine. The chips were the best I've ever tasted! Not frozen! I also had a great plate of nachos which I thoroughly recommend. Good value and service with a smile.

Visited July 2014
Thank you, I'm glad you stumbled across us. See you next time you are in York.