“AMAZING ”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

Just had the best Fish and Chips I've ever tasted !! Just passing by and called in lovely atmosphere very busy and the service was fantastic !! A special mention to the waitress Abbie who couldn't of been any better very professional and efficient !! Keep up the good work !

1  Thank Nick C
JaneTony13, Owner at Scotts Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Hi Nick and thanks for the 'amazing' review,
What can I say - excellent and well done Abbie that's what we aim to deliver.
Hope you call in again next time you are just passing.
Easy access from both sides of A64, plenty of parking, open 7 days.
Spread the word...

Reviewed 6 June 2015

fish really fresh and crispy. staff very friendly restaurant very clean and comfortable good value for money.

Hi and thanks for the great comments,
The team were delighted to read your review and hope you call again next time you're in Yorkshire.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

Went here for take away fish and chips on the way home work around 520pm - unbelievably, they didn't have any chips or fish ready! Meant we waited 15 minutes to receive our order. Portion sizes were a little on the small side but the food itself was reasonable. Staff seemed to be slow and didn't communicate well with each other, causing delays. Will probably avoid next time.

1  Thank Dannywri

Hello and sorry you were disappointed,
This is not our normal standard, but we do cook fresh to order and this does mean a slightly longer wait than other establishments that pre-cook and have fish sitting in the hot box!!
Portion sizes are standard 7-8oz fish and 12 oz chips.
Hope you try you us again.

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Recently visited here as a takeaway option. Portion sizes are really decent & the small portions feed 2 children. The batter was crispy & the chips delicious also. Would definitely return

Hello and thanks for the review,
Quality, value for money and service are key to what we aim to offer. Both in restaurant and takeaway.
The takeaway is sometimes more challenging in that customers want quick service, but cooking to order and highest quality mean longer waiting times.
Difficult balance, but delighted you enjoyed your visit.
Thanks again

Reviewed 29 May 2015

First of all I don't think you could fault the staff in this restaurant! We had a really nice welcome and was seated straight away. The server was really nice and asked us on numerous occasions if everything was ok, again when we went to pay we was asked again which I think shows excellent customer service.
Both me and my husband had fish and chips and I must admit when it came I didn't think it looked like there was much on the plate. However, there was more than enough by the time I had finished my meal I couldn't even manage a dessert, neither could my hubby. The meal was really enjoyable, I did find my fish to be a bit greasy but nothing to complain about. Overall a really nice place for fish and chips.

Hello and thanks for the review,
Our core values are quality, value for money and friendly service. Sounds like we delivered on these values.
We buy large fish, 16 - 32oz and cut to size on site. Portions are measured by wet weight not size, so if you had a regular it will have been 8oz before cooking.
All cooked fresh to order. We do have a smaller 5oz option, the Cap'n Scotts Special, which is generally enough for most people.
Hope to see you back soon.