“A good all round meal”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 August 2015

We found the restaurant to have good parking, friendly staff and a good choice of food, which caters for most tastes. Very clean and the service quick and helpful. It has a light airy atmosphere.

JaneTony13, Owner at Scotts Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Hi Roger,
Thanks for the review and yes, plenty of parking space.
Quality, value for money and great service - those are our aims and delighted you experienced them.
Spread the word and come back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

The fish batter was rather flat and very greasy and the chips had obviously been sitting awhile as they were really chewy. The fish was beautiful though and the staff were lovely. Waited nearly 20 minutes for two fish and chips! Will try them again though!

Hello and thanks for the review,
All fish is cooked to order and consequently there is a short wait, but it should be no more than 8 minutes from placing the order.
The batter is made fresh throughout the day, to ensure crispness.
Please do try us again,but if you are not in anyway happy, please speak to the manager on the day.
Then we can sort any issue immediately and with no quibble.
Thanks

Reviewed 13 August 2015

We visited Scotts today after seeing it a number of times driving past on the A64. The food was excellent, tasting really fresh and served in good time. We had a bit of a misunderstanding with the order and the bill, which I wasn't worried about sorting out but the manageress insisted on dealing with it in a very professional manner. She went the extra mile, I was very impressed, you don't often encounter customer service like this. I would also like to say that Tom, one of the waiters was also excellent in his attention to customer satisfaction. Thank you all. Sorry I forgot to leave a tip, hope this makes up for it.

Hello and thanks for the review,
Great to hear we delivered what we promise and you enjoyed your visit.
Customers are our number one priority. We know the food is good and we aim to go the extra mile for each and every customer.
Well done Tom.
Come back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

I called hear rather than the fast food national chain next door and wish I had not. I wanted a quick meal before contuining on my way home. I parked my car and had to walk around past the bins which stunk. When I arrived in a young girl was cleaning the tables but left me waiting for 5minutes before taking my order whilst she finished off cleaning the tables and then putting the cleaning items away. My order was simple fish buttie, I was asked did I mean fish peaces, and I said no I want a whole fish in bread. It then took another 5minutes before the fryer arrived to start cooking my fish.

I was in there for 20 minutes before I got my food. I had to ask for salt & vinigor, I also wanted a cold drink but when I went in the fridge it was not cold. I asked if they had any cold ones and was abrupty told no.

I have never had to wait 20minutes in fish and chips ever. My local fish and chips cooks all fish to order and it takes 6/7minutes at the most.

So very disapointed espically when this in such a busy service area. The cost was very expensive, the sort of prices you'd expetc to pay in middle of London.

5  Thank Destination809527

Rob & Sylvia,
Obviously disappointed with your review, which is difficult to take when we try so hard to deliver top service. That's what reviews on here confirm.
All orders are cooked fresh, so there will a short wait, but the time you mention is clearly unacceptable.
The outside bins are emptied on a regular schedule.
Apologies and hope you try us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

We visited with a group with our car club. We were greeted by a friendly professional manager. Our orders were taken and in a very short space of time the food started to be served. The food was excellent and freshly cooked (to order). The meals were cooked to perfection. The have different sizes of fish and a wide choice of fish to suit everyone's taste. The puddings are homemade and worth a taste - if you have room!

JaneTony13, Owner at Scotts Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Hi David,
Thanks for the review and delighted you and your car club friends enjoyed your visit.
With 110 seats, there's plenty of room for group bookings.
We aim for quality, value and service all day everyday with a wide menu choice.
All cooked fresh to order.
Head Chef Roxy makes many of the desserts herself and certainly worth checking out.
She has just made the semi finals in the National Young Fish Frier competition - watch this space.
Hope to see you all back soon.
Thanks again