“I love to go to the Chilli Indian restaurant at the top of the Mount in York”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jorvik Spice

Jorvik Spice
Ranked #150 of 860 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York
“I love to go to the Chilli Indian restaurant at the top of the Mount in York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

I love to go to the Chilli Indian restaurant at the top of the Mount in York. In fact since the restaurant came under new management a few months ago I have now found I visit at least once a week when I am in the city. After along day my favourite dish is Chicken Dansak or Madras with a lovely Peshwari Nan bread thats washed down with a pint of Kingfisher. If I get in on a weekend with my friends then we often have one of the many super Chef's specials like Maska that tastes wonderful as its cooked again with minced meat, chilli and garlic after first been cooked in the tandoori. These make a nice change form the more popular dishes.

The staff are always warm and attentive to everyone I see in the restaurant including my friends and myself when ever I visit. You can even have a good quality laugh and joke while eating your meal with the whole team on service and they even offer a birthday cake if you eat in on your birthday as I saw one weekend evening, very nice.

I would recommend you ring and make a reservation for weekend tables as it does get busy very quick in the evening.

leeds
“something different and delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

they have dishes for all tastebuds, mild, medium or hot.