“Excellent Food, Good Portion Sizes, Incredible Value”
Review of Jorvik Spice

Jorvik Spice
Ranked #162 of 874 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Derby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food, Good Portion Sizes, Incredible Value”
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We went to Chilli Indian Restaurant based on the reviews on here, on appearance it looks a little bit tacky and the fact that only 4 people were in the restaurant did make us think we might have made a mistake, however these were the only minus points.
We started with Onion Bhaji and Mixed Kebabs which were hot and delicious. Main Course consisted of Chicken Tikka Biryani (a monsterous portion) and Chicken Jalfrezi with Keema rice, we splashed out by having 2 naan breads and and a mushroom bhaji side dish. All this was freshly cooked which meant we did wait a little bit longer between courses but the tastes were excellent!! This was washed down with the FREE bottle of chardonay that every couple receives on the special offer currently running. The cost for all this along with 2 Free shots when we got the bill £28, incredible.
The staff were chatty and friendly, the toilets as in most Indian Restaurants need work on, the food was superb, if in York again we would not hesitate to book again!

1 Thank Dean0956

York
“I love to go to the Chilli Indian restaurant at the top of the Mount in York”
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I love to go to the Chilli Indian restaurant at the top of the Mount in York. In fact since the restaurant came under new management a few months ago I have now found I visit at least once a week when I am in the city. After along day my favourite dish is Chicken Dansak or Madras with a lovely Peshwari Nan bread thats washed down with a pint of Kingfisher. If I get in on a weekend with my friends then we often have one of the many super Chef's specials like Maska that tastes wonderful as its cooked again with minced meat, chilli and garlic after first been cooked in the tandoori. These make a nice change form the more popular dishes.

The staff are always warm and attentive to everyone I see in the restaurant including my friends and myself when ever I visit. You can even have a good quality laugh and joke while eating your meal with the whole team on service and they even offer a birthday cake if you eat in on your birthday as I saw one weekend evening, very nice.

I would recommend you ring and make a reservation for weekend tables as it does get busy very quick in the evening.

leeds
“something different and delicious!”
Reviewed 22 October 2009

they have dishes for all tastebuds, mild, medium or hot.