“Super Little Tea Room”

Ranked #331 of 860 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Traditional English tea rooms serving home-made scones, cakes and jams. Perfect for all day breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea - including our "vintage afternoon tea" served on beautiful, delicate vintage china. All meals are freshly prepared to order.
Galashiels, United Kingdom
“Super Little Tea Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I visit this little tea room most times Im in York I visited twice in the past few days and both times the service was excellent and the food I had was very good. It is quite small so there is sometimes a short wait for tables but I would far rather visit here than the large over priced over hyped tea room round the corner

• Visited July 2014

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“How quaint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This delightful little tea room is worth a visit. They have a large range of food from all day breakfast, lunches, salads and of course cream teas. The sign on the door asks you to switch of your mobile and so it is very peaceful. The young staff were very friendly and attentive.

Visited June 2014
Perth, Australia
“Very cute but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The window display was what caught my eye. Teapots and teddies and loads of cute things. All very English. Lovely place for a catch up with girlfriends - but I was with my husband. It didn't take much persuasion for him to enter - we were on holidays after all. It's the kind of place you feel scared you might break something. Everything is a bit fragile. We had a nice table just next to the window display and enjoyed the atmosphere of the tearooms.
We were a bit peckish - but ended up only having coffee - we thought 5 pound for a toasted sandwich was too much.
A nice experience, however.

• Visited September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely Little Tea Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

On a visit to York, my boyfriend and I fancied some cream tea, but the prices of Betty's were just a little bit too high for our budget. After a little bit of research we came across Bullivant's and decided to give it a try.

The tea room is very small - some may say cramped but I prefer the term 'cosy'. On display at the front of the tea room is a charming selection of tea pots, in some rather curious shapes.

The cream tea we received was lovely and plentiful, with one pot providing around three cups. The scones were also very tasty. I will definitely visit again!

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Tasty full English breakfast, uninspiring coffee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had a full English breakfast here on the weekend around 10 am with my husband. I found it to be tasty and especially liked the sausage.

We also had coffees (one filter coffee, one cappuccino), which looked nice, but which we didn't find to be to our taste. There was also quite a bit of ambient noise, partly a sound of air blowing and partly what sounded like construction upstairs.

The service was excellent - friendly and prompt.

• Visited May 2014