“Meal”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Please delete this page
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We recently moved to our pied a terre in York and in the evening decided to try the Cellar Bar /Bistro at The Grange Hotel - we were not disappointed! The service from a waiter who had only been in the Hotel a few weeks and in the Bistro a matter of days, was very attentive. The food was good, the ambience was excellent - they even turned down the music a bit! We shall certainly go again!

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Staying at the grange hotel York well do not be fooled by the blurb on the net the bar and restaurant seem ok the hotel is very dated in need of a refurb room is bad heavy traffic noise if you have a room at the front very old fashioned very expensive not worth the money premier inn is far better and less than half the price there is nothing nice to say about it cracked tiles in the bathroom sinks cracked cheap tat like being in a second hand shop terrible !!!!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Having decided to eat at the cellar bar/brasserie of the grange hotel me and my partner booked a table for 8:30......
A normal time in my eyes to eat a pleasant evening meal at a relaxed pace,
Unfortunately this went slightly wrong, as we was greeted by the manageress I presume she didn't cast a great first impression almost looking down at us for arriving at that time.
The service was extremely slow and almost of a lazy approach as we had been seated for around 30min before we was offered a drink? A further 25min before our food menus arrived and followed by an extra 10min wait for the drinks to actually arrive,
We struggled on the choices of food as we was told because you decided to book a late table (8:30)
They have lower amount of the options available.

And the manageress then had to back track on 4 out of our 5 options as they hadn't got any left.

Over all slightly a bad evening in an amazing hotel needs a little looking at on a personal vote

1  Thank Ross L
Reviewed 25 January 2014

it was a fabulous stay with fabulous staff everything was superb and we will return again. the staff couldn't of been more pleasant and friendly

1  Thank steno101
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I searched for hours trying to find the perfect restaurant to treat my partner. I pre paid the £90 and pre ordered our meal. On arrival we were impressed with the appearance of the hotel and the luxury in the drawing room and furnishing only to be slightly disappointed by the brasserie downstairs (no signage to the brasserie. The only signage was to the toilets). Although the restaurant atmosphere seemed relaxed I expected more for my £90, maybe table linen. We were seated to a pub table and asked to choose from the menu. I explained that we had pre-ordered but the waitress said they couldn't find our order. After re-ordering we waited no time at all before each course came out one after the other and we felt a bit rushed. We ordered the beef for our main course and realized we hadn't specified how we preferred it cooked but it was too late as it was in front of us within minutes of realizing. Mine came medium cooked but my partners was rare-blue with his plate swimming in blood. He ate it and didn't complain as he didn't want to seem ungrateful for the effort I had put in, I later found out. As it happens the beef was beautiful and full of flavour. Overall I felt that it was over priced, we were rushed and the restaurant/pub/brasserie/fine dining was very confusing

1  Thank Dawnus666