Our stay at the Cedar Court was perfect. We were given a spacious corner room that was elegantly furnished. The room was spotless. The beds were comfortable. Upon checking in we realized that the television didn't work. I called to report that problem. I had barely hung up the phone when a young man knocked at the door and quickly solved the problem by replacing the remote control.
The location is ideal. A very short walk from the train station. Across the street from "the wall". A comfortable stroll to The Shambles. The staff was friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York