My partner and I had a weekend in York, staying in the Cedar Court. Upon arrival the staff were courteous and friendly, with the receptionist showing us to our room. The room itself was very nice - spacious, clean, well presented, excellent facilities, which is what we expected for the price really.
Note, they have no parking spaces of their own and will park your car for you in the nearby NCP facility, but at £20 a day, it's expensive.
On the first night we ordered an in-room meal - a rib-eye steak for me and fish dish for my partner. However, a rib-eye burger turned up and when I pointed out they'd brought the wrong dish, the waiter took the burger away and said the steak would be 10 minutes. He left the fish dish in our room under a dome cover. But the steak was over 20 minutes, and by the time they brought it, my partner's meal was almost cold. Not the perfect start to our stay, and maybe we should have complained, but we were too tired from the journey and just wanted a quiet, relaxing evening, so we let it go.
The rest of our stay was great. The spa was fantastic, though the jacuzzi was out of action the first day. We didn't do any treatments though, they were pretty pricey. The service throughout our stay was excellent, and I'd definitely recommend the full english breakfast - top class!
A super stay, marred only by the meal in our room. I'd go again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York