“Perfect hotel”

The Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Cedar court is a relatively new hotel in the historical building of the railways hq. We were pleasantly surprised with everything in hotel. Rooms are huge modern and very functional and relaxing also very clean. Concierge are quick and knowledgeable. spa is very elegant and gym has top equipment. There is a mouthwatering grill room. The hotel made us feel like king and queen. WOuld definitely. Come back

• Stayed: November 2011
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank your for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, in particular your bedroom. It’s great to read hat you had time to make use of our Spa and our Grill Room Restaurant which has just recently been awarded 2 AA Rosettes for Culinary Excellence.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team at The Grand, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Had an enjoyable stay at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa over 17th & 18th November. York is obviously a very popular and exciting place and the central position of this hotel offers more than most of its class. The service is good and the spacious nature of the surrounds is beautifully decorated. The rooms are equipped very well and the Restrooms are excellent. The Car-Parking Valet service is smoothly operated and the Northern charm is always only a step away. Would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank your for taking the time to write such apositive review following your recent stay with us.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

My sister and I stayed for just one night for a shopping trip to York. Cedar Court is a lovely hotel and the staff were very helpful and we were made to feel very welcome. Our room was superb although a little dark. The breakfast was excellent. The location is excellent also. I would certainly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout.
Indeed the hotel is ideally situated for a shopping trip, the city centre being only a 5 minute walk away.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend with my mum's 65th birthday. The staff were all very helpful and made us feel very special! The food and service in general was outstanding! The afternoon tea is a must do and our meal in the grill restaurant was wonderful and delicious! I would definately stay again and intend to take my husband for a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: November 2011
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout. I’m pleased to read that our food and service exceeded your expectations, not only dining for Dinner in our Grill Room Restaurant, but also taking the opportunity to experience our Afternoon Tea offering, which is served daily in our HQ restaurant at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

My only mistake was to only allow time in my travels for one nights stay at the Cedar Grand! What a stunning hotel, great location and amazing staff.
By far the best night sleep I've ever had in the UK. Nice soft mattress, which I find hard to find. Perfect climate control. Washrooms were beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team here at The Grand, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed at the Cedar Grand to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary and we were blown away by this gorgeous hotel.We had booked a junior suite,but upon arrival we were upgraded to a master suite which was out of this world.We dont have a negative thing to say about our stay-from the professional staff to the stunning decor and cleanliness of the hotel.Highly recommended!We will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout.

On behalf of myself and the entire team here at The Grand, we wish you a belated 10th wedding anniversary. It’s great to read that we were able to upgrade your bedroom type on this special occasion.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

A night free from children to re-charge the batteries at the Cedar Court Grand was what the doctor ordered! Amazing surroundings and service. The room was fabulous and the size of the shower absolutely fantastic. Excellent maintained throughout and very attentive staff. A nice romantic meal nearby (Rustique) provided excellent value for money. Upon coming back to the Hotel a turn down service had been provided; nice touch. Breakfast on the day of departure provided a great end to a stay at a great Hotel. Back to reality now!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operation Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, in particular giving special reference to your bedroom / bathroom and our attentive team.

On your next visit to us, why not try our Fine Dining Grill Room Restaurant - using fresh local produce to produce a menu of modern international cuisine which is complimented by a high standard of service and wine to match.