Stayed one before when hotel fairly newly opened and we were very impressed. Our one night stay this November was due to being in York planning our wedding next year which we have booked a few nights at Cedar Court Grand so this was a bit of a 'practise run' so we could check out the overall services, bar and lounges etc. Everything exceeded our expectations. From the warmest welcome from Emma in reservations who has been organising things for us, to the reception staff and Peter, the Head Concierge and his team, everyone was very attentive, welcoming and genuinely seemed to love their jobs of looking after us. They all made us feel really special! Our room both times was huge and well planned and spotless. There are no down sides as far as we are concerned to this hotel and our experiences both times mean we know we can relax and not worry about our stay next year for our wedding. Great cocktails, and whisky choices and breakfast next morning was wheeled to our room in a hot trolley with fine linen as you would expect from this class of hotel. A couple of small points which we feel are general to hotels in UK but which we really wish they would take on board.......it wouldn't cost much to have full sized complimentary bottles of water placed in rooms. (This hotel does at least provide comp small still a d sparkling) Some hotels also provide complimentary fruit and biscuits and this can be so welcome and makes you feel the hotel is thinking of its guests rather than just profiteering from mini bars for which the mark up is very high. I know at the end of the day it's business but these small touches do make guests feel its personal! But hell, we would t stay anywhere else in York now! Thanks everyone and see you again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York