Stayed here again for the 4th time on Friday 2nd December 2011.
Booked two double executive rooms for my mothers 60th birthday.
Prior to our arrival I phoned them and asked for flowers to be put in my mothers room.
We arrived at 12 noon and were greeted by two valets who took our luggage and parked the car for us. Excellent and efficient.
Check in was quick and easy with the hotel reception manager taking us to our rooms and showing us all the facilities. Nice touch.
In my mothers room were the flowers i ordered together with a birthday card, fruit and fudge courtesy of the hotel management. This made my mothers day, thanks.
The rooms were clean, tidy and of good quality.
We ordered room service in the afternoon which arrived after 30 minutes but was a little disappointing. The sandwiches were poor but presented well which is why it was disappointing they didn't live up to the standards you would expect.
Hotel bar - Last time we stayed the bar service was not that good. This was because the bar staff didn't have the technical know how on how to serve certain drinks correctly.
This time the bar staff did have the technical know how so well done in training them to deliver to the standard you would expect.
We didn't have evening meal at the hotel this time, but we did have breakfast which was excellent.
The hotel SPA was great too.
This is a great hotel and in our opinion the only hotel in York to stay in. 5* YES
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa