The Grand Hotel & Spa
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$221
US$101
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$125
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$71
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Hilton York(York)
US$157
US$118
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
Book now, pay at stay
US$147
US$139
4,339 results
All reviewscedar courtmolton brown toiletriesturn down servicestar hotellip balmdoor staffclassic roomexecutive roomunderfloor heatingon arrivaloriginal featuressteam roomcontinental breakfastamazing hotelbeautiful buildingtrain stationbirthday treat
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here in December and got a great deal. The underfloor heating in the en suite of our room wasn't working so the hotel upgraded us free of charge to a bigger and more expensive room. Both rooms were lovely but the second one was especially luxurious, I don't think I've ever slept in a more comfortable bed! The food was superb and the staff were very helpful and polite. The spa was also great!

• Stayed: December 2011
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team here at The Grand, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

pulled up outside the hotel on february 14th 2012 and was immediately impressed, it was clear that a lot of effort had been put into this 1 of a kind hotel in the middle of the charming city of york.

on entering the hotel was pleased to have the door opened for me and my wife and our luggage instantly taken. staff on reception were quite self important but ive yet to meet a hotel reception that isnt (i sometimes wonder whether its mandatory!). given our room card and escorted to our room via the beautifully decorated and well kitted halls. i know you should expect this from a 5 star hotel, but the cedar court grand goes beyond expectations.

on entering the room the first thing i noticed was the high ceiling and huge windows that opened this spacious and luxurious room. everything was provided and any additional charges were reasonable and made clear to you before you touched anything that looked expensive.

the food in the restaurant was cooked exactly how i ordered and was delivered to my table with impeccable manners and class. drinks a little on the expensive side but i suppose that's my own fault for having a taste for well aged whiskey :)

the spa has everything you could want and was not busy, peaceful and relaxing with stylish decoration. i had my first massage and i could tell it was done with skill and i was made to feel relaxed and free to do as i liked throughout my spa day.

i would highly recommend this hotel, if even, like me, you need to use a full weeks wage to stay here for 1 night, it is nice to experience how "the other half" live or feel like a celebrity for a night. plus you have the bonus of a guaranteed great nights sleep and to be treated with the utmost respect as we all deserve.

Room Tip: building work on front of hotel, couldnt hear them with window closed but might be something to bear in mind if it bothers you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mooresm34

Dear Guest

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout. It’s great to read also that you took the opportunity to dine in our award winning Grill Room Restaurant and make use of our Spa facilities located in the former whisper quiet vaults of the former North Easter Railway HQ. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all of our team who I am sure will take as much pride and satisfaction in reading your comments as I have.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Just stayed two nights in room 424. Graham and Peter bellmen/concierge gave a good introduction to the hotel and York.

All the staff are very warm and engaging with guests.

Our room was lovely with a good view and we liked the room products. Afternoon tea and breakfast were excellent.

There did seem to be some confusion with our room as the name on the television was not ours. There was also another name on a card in the room, but no matter - we enjoyed it.

We would return!

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My friend and I treated ourselves to a 3 night break here in February 2012. It was a real delight to experience such outstanding service, beautiful decor and attention to detail from start to finish, whether it was the helpful concierge regarding local facilities, the chambermaid with her cheery smile in the corridor or the staff in the bar and restaurant who welcomed and served with genuine enthusiasm. There were surprises such as Molton Brown treats to discover on returning to the room in the evening, and the peace and tranquility of the spa was divine. The whole establishment is 'getting it right' and is to be highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear corner are a bit noisy in the early morning when recycling occurs in the bay below.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ImacGlasgow
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I attended a business meeting at the Cedar Court Grand and the hotel really excellent in making sure every possible need was catered for. The hotel is only minutes from the station and very easy to get to. The facilities were excellent and certainly made me wish I was staying overtime to really experience the full enjoyment of such a nice hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful and really showed that good old fashioned customer service is at the heart of everything they do.

Such a beautiful hotel and attentive service made the meeting much more enjoyable. I will definitely be back to visit for pleasure next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business