The Grand Hotel & Spa
Jorvik House(York)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
4,305 results
All reviewscedar courtmolton brown toiletriesturn down servicestar hotellip balmdoor staffclassic roomexecutive roomunderfloor heatingon arrivaloriginal featuressteam roomcontinental breakfastamazing hotelbeautiful buildingtrain stationbirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My wife booked this as an aniversary surprise, as I work away from home I had to meet her there and she had already checked in, she was welcomed by the most atentive concierge and reception staff. I loved the fact we were awarded a room upgrade given the reason for our stay, thank you Cedar Court.

Every single member of staff had a smile for us and nothing was any trouble, this is what sets this place apart, the level of service is amazing without being over the top or cheesy, its the "leave it with me I will sort it" atitude which really works here, trust me. The room was fantastic, could not have asked for anything more, quality was unrivalled. This weekend was meant to be something special for us and without knowing it the staff of the Cedar Court made sure it was.

Even as we unwinded in the bar at god knows what o' clock after our night out (not rowdy I hasten to add) the bar man could not have been better or more couteous. We ordered breakfast in bed which was very expensive but, as we were celebrating, we enjoyed as it was beautifully cooked and served. Oh, and dont forget the pool and spa, gorgeous.

Sorry to have gone on with my review, I just wanted to get across what a fantastic experience we had. Having stayed many times at nearby hotels for business (Royal York etc) I will not be staying anywhere in York other than the Cedar Court if I can possibly offord to.

Five Star, First Class!!

2  Thank Ian A
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, and had time to sample several of our facilities and amenities on offer.

Indeed it is our team who make the experience for our guests and naturally they deserve the plaudits. Thank you for giving them a special mention.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team here at The Grand, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Booked a weekend at this hotel for a birthday celebration. Lovely rooms, very spacious, good food and very attentive staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review following your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your weekend break with us.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team here at the Grand, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is now my favourite York hotel...and we've stayed in lots of them! Superb building full of character. Rooms very luxurious.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded from executive room to a full suite. Beautiful room with huge comfy bed. Molton Brown toiletries were a nice touch. We liked to proper coffee machine in the room too, really nice to be able to make a proper cup of coffee in our room.
I was very impressed with the shoe cleaning service, just left them outside the room when I went to bed and they were done for the morning!
Spa was really lovely too, nice and relaxing. Didn't have any treatments though as we thought they were overpriced.
Didn't eat at the hotel but we had a drink in the Whiskey lounge, quite pricey but really nice atmosphere, board games were a good idea, we enjoyed playing York monopoly.
Every member of staff was really helpful and friendly, especially the porter who showed us to our room.
We parked our car in the NCP car park ourselves as it worked out cheaper than valet parking and it's only a minutes walk away.
Great location, just over the road from The York Wheel which is well worth a ride.
Would definitely stay again for a special occasion.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, in particular your bedroom and visit to our Whisky Lounge & Spa.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel, elegant,immaculate,first class service throughout the hotel. Excellent breakfast and a really comfortable room. A pleasure from start to finish!

Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, in particular your bedroom and breakfast in our Restaurant..

Reviewed 3 April 2012

excellent weekend break here with first class service and attention from the moment we walked in the door. The quality of rooms etc is to be expected in a 5 star hotel but what sets this hotel apart is the staff and their genuine friendly manner. Delicious breakfast with great choice. we did not eat in the hotel in the evening but can only assume up to the same high standard as everything else. Cannot wait to go and stay again.

Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout.

Thank you also for your kind words relating to our team and the service they gave you. I will be sure to pass this on to them all.