This was a surprise trip for my partners 21st birthday and was also the first time we have stopped in a 5* hotel and i was not dissapointed. We booked for a two night stay in a classic room and from the first second the door staff/porters made you feel very welcome.
The room can only be described in one word..... Luxurious, god knows how im going to go back to premier inn's after this!
The spa facilities including the changing rooms etc were immaculate & defienelty worth a visit. The cocktails were excellent however a little pricey but i imagine the normal clientel for this hotel dont mind paying £8 for a drink.
My only complaint was the noise in the morning whcih sounded like the water system or something similar which was rather annoying This was on and off for a couple of hours but made going back to sleep at 7.30 - 9am not possible. i was going to mention it to the reception staff on our check out but the receptionist was really not interested in asking us how our stay was, just passing me the invoice and sending us on our way. I might sound a little picky but as we were waiting for the taxi the next couple to check out were asked all about there stay, any complaints, how there weekend was etc thats how i thought we should be treated and i couldnt help but feel we were not worth her time & felt like it could be a class thing? I decided not to bring up the complaint as the reception area was rather busy and didnt think there was much they could do as it was the end of our stay. A dissapointing end but i cant let one stuck up receptionist ruin what has been an excellent weekend and overall a very enjoyable stay and i do highly reccomend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa