“Simply wonderful!!!”

The Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make our 1st wedding anniversary celebrations extra special, with a complimentary room upgrade, complimentary drinks and treats placed in our room upon arrival...what more do I need to say?

With tastefully decorated spacious rooms, delicious food, a wonderful city centre location and welcoming staff, this hotel in my opinion is a cut above the rest. In addition, this hotel has gone all out to source the best of everything, from the Molton Brown toiletries to the bouquet of flowers delivered to our room the morning of our anniversary, every detail has been thoughtfully considered.

Our only regret was not having enough time to visit the spa (so I'm unable to comment about that), there's always next time though =)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your 1st anniversary stay with us.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout and that you appreciated the efforts our team went to in making the experience so memorable for you.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the team here at The Grand, we look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Graeme Clark

Write a ReviewReviews (4,093)

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed here last weekend with my boyfriend and the room was absolutely fabulous with the comfiest bed I have ever stayed in. We had an executive room which was plenty big enough and featured his and hers sink and his and hers showers with a great sunken bath. We were amazed at the speakers in the bathroom and the heated floor. Everything about the room was perfect including the chocolate and Molton Brown gift bag by boyfriend had put in the room. Graham who showed us to our room was lovely and the night time turn down service was a lovely touch. We had afternoon and ate in the hotels restaurant, both were excellent with great service. The spa is lovely to relax in after a busy day exploring York and we had the whole pool to ourselves which was a real bonus. We were really sad to leave and it made our engagement weekend even more special. Will definitely be back to this hotel, you can see why it is the only 5 star hotel in Yorkshire.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Mr_Graeme_Clark, Food & Beverage Operations Manager at The Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent celebratory stay with us. Many congratulations on your engagement!!

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, especially your time spent in our award winning Spa and Restaurant for Afternoon Tea.

Graeme Clark

Ps, we cater for wedding parties too!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We booked the hotel as a first wedding anniversary treat, and were unsure what to find as the hotel is reasonably new. But we were quite simply blown away from start to finish by everything, from our greeting by the conceirge, to the wonderful valet parking, the historical tour of the hotel and of our bedroom. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, they were all totally professional and courteous at all times, they made you feel like friends, and would do anything to help and accomodate us. It was total indulgent luxury from start to finish, words fail me, the hotel was stunning, the spa was stunning, the rooms were beautiful. The perfect place to spend a long weekend. We will certainly be returning to our favourite hotel again. It was unbeatable.

Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, especially your time spent in the Spa and the hospitality you received from our team.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Absolutely fantastic hotel.Really warm and friendly staff made me and my wife very welcome.The rooms were beautiful with all the comfort you expect from a 5 star hotel.Valet parking available which is 20 pound but at least you know your car is safe.Would definitely recommend!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent anniversary stay with us. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout.

Thank you also for paying special mention tom our hard working & dedicated team who are of course the hotel’s best asset.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Every experience we had at the hotel was fantastic, including spa treatments and facilities, the room and the restaurant! I would highly reccomemt this hotel to anyone who is looking for a luxurious weekend away in a beautiful city! I stayed at the hotel for a surprise off my boyfriend for my birthday and everything was brilliant from flowers and chocolates arranged for me in the room to a fantastic experience at the spa not forgetting the lovely meal and breakfast at the grill room! Best get saving for another stay! :)

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, especially your time spent in our award winning Spa and Grill Room Restaurant.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Treated my lovely wife to a visit to York for her birthday and stayed at the Cedar Court Grand hotel. Tremnedous from start to finish. The bedroom, spacious and comfortable, great breakfasts, superb dinner in he dining room, excellent service and wonderful Spa. Also they have kept some of the fine old touches from being the former Railway Headquarters in York.
Plenty to see and do in York and excellent location.
Thoroughly recommend. Regards Gary Saunders

Room Tip: I imagine they would all be great rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Me and my wife celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary, it was absolutely wonderful , thanks to everyone in the hotel who made our stay very enjoyable. Stress buster treatment in the spa was out of this world. Thank you

Room Tip: Executive room is the best

Dear Guest

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay throughout, especially your treatments in our Spa.