Having just spent 3 nights here, the hotel is absolutely superb. Excellent rooms, lovely spa and treatments and the staff could not be faulted. Breakfast is scrummy!
The standard rooms are spacious, lovely bathrooms and very comfy beds. Everywhere within York is within walking distance.
My only gripes are £20 parking per night and drinks -£10 for a Gin and Tonic (this isn't London)! Additionally building site opposite disturbed our lie-ins but not fault of hotel. Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa