We recently spent a few nights at the Cedar Court and had a great time .
The hotel is well placed in York in walking distance of the town centre.The room was huge and beautifully decorated and had very luxurious bathrooms .(2!)
I liked the filter coffee and top quality biscuits in the room this was a nice touch.
But what was even better was the spa area with a lovely swimming pool and a small but well equipped gym .One of the nicest leisure complexes in a town centre hotel that I have come across
We also enjoyed an evening in the very comfortable bar drinking a few of the whiskies on offer .Excellent bar staff .
The hotel staff were all polite and helpful and friendly and I really felt at home .
Would love to have stayed a bit longer .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Prestigia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa