Stayed at the Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa this weekend, hotel itself fabulous. Concierge, Porters and Hotel Staff fantastic, very welcoming apart from one receptionist frosty and rude. Our room was excellent, fantastic bed and linen to die for, bathroom and toiletries what you would expect from a five Star. The only let down was tepid water for Bath/Shower. The continental breakfast fantastic range of food. We upgraded to a cooked breakfast which was served on a very hot plate but the actual food was cold which when you consider you have paid £20.00 was a let down and not what you would expect from a Five star. Other than that fantastic hotel and would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa